Below is a list of our frequently asked WordPress integration questions. If you are implementing the Arlo WordPress plugin or already have it implemented, take a look at the questions below as this may help improve your Arlo WordPress integration experience.
1. Can I use my existing WordPress theme?
Yes! The Arlo WordPress plugin works out-of-the-box with nearly every WordPress theme. To customize the style and format of the plugin pages you can add CSS to the Custom CSS tab in the Arlo WordPress plugin settings.
2. Why are my styling changes to the Arlo WordPress plugin not updating on the website?
Check your website for cache plugins. Caching plugins can interfere with the Arlo WordPress plugin. Once changes have been made to the Arlo plugin, ensure you clear or reset your caching plugins if you have them.
3. What version of WordPress should I be using with the Arlo WordPress plugin?
Your WordPress site should be kept updated to the latest version available.
4. Can I use the Arlo WordPress plugin without an Arlo platform?
No. You have to sign up for a free Arlo trial.
5. Where can I find documentation?
The plugin's documentation can be found in our Arlo developer site.
6. What version of PHP does the Arlo WordPress plugin require?
The minimum requirement PHP version for the plugin is PHP 5.4.
7. Can I log a bug I found on the Arlo WordPress plugin?
Sure! Create a new issue on the plugin's GitHub site
8. Can anyone install and setup this plugin?
The Arlo WordPress plugin does inherit some of your themes existing styles however custom CSS is required to fully style the plugin.
9. Why are my Arlo events not showing on my WordPress website?
The Arlo WordPress plugin syncs with your Arlo platform every [40 - 70 minutes]. You can manually sync the data by click ‘Syncronize now’ on the Arlo plugins general tab.
10. How do I only display the relevant filters on the Catalogue page?
The default for the filters shortcode is to show all filters (category, location and delivery). If you want to remove a filter option e.g. the delivery filter, you need to specify these in the shortcode. E.g. replace this short code [arlo_event_template_filters] with [arlo_event_template_filters filters=”category,location”].The same theory can be applied to the upcoming events page filters.
11. Why does the duration only show on the catalogue page for scheduled events?
This is because the default duration field on the catalogue page shows the “Actual” duration of scheduled events (automatically calculated by Arlo). If you have no events scheduled then their will be no “Actual” duration. If you want the duration to always show you need to update the duration shortcode to the advertised duration shortcode. Update [arlo_event_duration] to [arlo_event_template_advertised_duration]. This will allow you to control the duration shown from the "Advertised Duration" field within the event template information in Arlo.
12. Why do my online activities (Self paced learning) not show a duration on the catalogue page?
This is because the current duration shortcode generates the duration by calculating the start and finish time and date of events. Events have dates however online activities do not. To make the duration show for Online activities on the catalogue page you need to update the default duration shortcode to the advertised duration shortcode. Update [arlo_event_duration] to [arlo_event_template_advertised_duration]. This will allow you to control the duration shown from the "Advertised Duration" field within the event and online activity template information in Arlo.
13. How can I change the format of the scheduled event dates on catalogue page?
For [arlo_event_next_running], you need to add the attribute format. You can then format how the date displays with a string pattern. E.g. [arlo_event_next_running format=”%a %d %b”] (Sun 05 Feb). Here is the documentation for the [arlo_event_next_running] shortcode. It uses a function of PHP to format the dates, here is the documentation for what to put in the string pattern.
14. How can I show the PD points on the event template pages?
The [arlo_event_credits] shortcode must be used within the [arlo_event_list_item] shortcode. You can find this shortcode on the event template page. You do not need to remove anything you just need to add the shortcode. This will ensure PD hours appear on the event template pages.
15. How do I remove the code next to event template name?
You can remove the course template code from anywhere on the Arlo plugin by removing the [arlo_event_template_code] shortcode which is often next to the [arlo_event_template_name] shortcode. We recommend doing a Ctrl + F and search for the shortcode then remove it where appropriate.
16. How to show more than one date on the catalogue page?
To show more than one date you need to add the filter attribute to the shortcode and specify the number of dates you want to show. It defaults to showing one date only. For example, if you want to show the next 3 upcoming dates for a course on the template page, update the [arlo_event_next_running] to [arlo_event_next_running limit=”3”].
17. Why can I not have a locations and presenters column on the catalogue page?
The catalogue page shows event information at the template level. This includes the template name, price, duration and scheduled event dated. Each scheduled event date can be in a different location or have a different presenter therefore the catalogue page will not know which "Location" or "Presenter" to promote for each event template.
18. Why does the Arlo WordPress plugin link back to the Arlo starter template when someone registers for events?
This is because you have not updated you Arlo checkout option. Arlo has 3 checkout options available, if you are not using the starter template as a website integration method (e.g. you are using WordPress Plugin) you will need to upgrade your checkout option. Take a look at Arlo's checkout options available.
19. Why are my prices showing with incl GST when on my Arlo platform it say excl GST?
In the Arlo WordPress plugin settings page you will see an option to set incl GST or excl GST. If your Arlo platform is set to excl GST you need to update the plugin setting to reflect this.
20. What should I do if I have slow shared server hosting?
Slow shared server hosting can cause issues with the data import. If you have shared server hosting please ensure your developer sets Up a Cron Job.
21. Why is the presenter of the event not showing on the event template page?
All presenters on the event need to be allowed on the website before they will show in the presenter list on the event template page. Learn how to make a presenter's website page available.
22. Help! When I click on an event name in the upcoming events list, I'm not taken to the event and the upcoming list reloads.
To fix this you need to point the catalogue page to the correct place.
From the Arlo settings in your WordPress dashboard, go to Pages, and change the dropdown from 'Upcoming' to the page that has the [arlo_event_template_list] shortcode on it: