Service Set up Process
In preparations for setting up the Credit Card payment feature within Arlo, please complete the following steps;
Note: Depending on your merchant this process may take up to 2 weeks.
Step 1) Setup Payment Gateway service with Payment Express (DPS)
a) Request service
- Apply online at https://sec.paymentexpress.com/pxmi/apply
- Fill in the form with your contact and organisation details.
- In the Acquirer section - select the bank you have/will have your merchant account with.
- In the Pay by section, select Credit Card.
- Once the form has been submitted a Payment Express Representative will be in touch.
When they contact you, let them know you would like to apply for Payment Express hosted ‘PX Pay 2.0’ and 'PX Post'. Also let them know Fail-proof result notification (FPRN) is enabled. This is important.
Note: You do not have to use the PX Post product, you can use PX Pay on its own if you wish for admins to not have the ability to refund your customers' credit cards.
Step 2) Set up a Merchant Account with your Bank
- Contact a merchant provider who Payment Express (DPS) support. View a list of supported providers.
- If you are a New Zealand customer, you can check the 'Merchant Activation guide' to get an indication on what Payment Express will require from your particular bank.
- Once the merchant account has been setup, send DPS your ‘Electronic merchant number’ also known as a Merchant ID or Terminal ID.
Note: What information Payment Express requires from you may differ from bank to bank, see here to check exactly what is needed from your particular bank.
For further information, contact DPS (Payment Express) on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0800 729 636 (NZ), 1800 006 254 (AU), +65 3158 1353 (SG), +27 11 461 3223 (SA), +852 3 678 6766 (HK), +44 20 3318 3298 (UK), +1 212 801 2396 (USA)
Step 3) Send Arlo Support your Payment Express details
- Payment Express will have sent you a confirmation email.
- Contact (by phone) Payment Express to access your passwords.
- Send Arlo Support the following details:
*Not always required, you may use PXPay alone if you do not wish for admins to be able to refund your customers' credit cards directly from your Arlo platform. If the email that Payment Express sends you with the activation credentials does not include PX Post credentials, this has not been set up with your merchant and Arlo will be unable to make refunds to your customers' credit cards.
Important: Once you Payment Express account has been setup, please ensure that it has Fail-proof result notification enabled.
FPRN helps cater for the possibility that a user may not successfully navigate to the nominated success or failure URL enabling the merchant web application to acknowledge the outcome of the transaction. The user could close their browser or otherwise navigate away from the Payment Express hosted payment page once they have been informed of the transaction outcome. The merchant's web server may be temporarily unavailable as the transaction is completed and therefore unable to recognise that a transaction has taken place. Using the FPRN service the merchant website is virtually guaranteed to receive notification of the each and every transaction.