Arlo allows you to easily make changes to scheduled events, and communicate these changes with relevant parties. Some changes may require you to edit shared settings as are stored in the event template, not just the event e.g. the event name, and website content.
As a precaution, when editing an event before you can make changes to the shared settings you need to click 'Edit Shared Settings'.
The following process describes how to edit or change details of an Event.
In this Article
- Editing a Basic Event/Online Activity
- Editing a Multi-Session Event
- What Happens When I Make a Change?
Editing a Basic Event/Online Activity
- Open the Event or Online Activity you would like to edit.
- Press Edit.
- Navigate to the menu you need to make changes to. For example, if it is the event date or time this would be done on the Schedule tab. If you need to change the special instructions registrants received, this would be done on the Communication tab.
- Make the required changes.
- Press Save. If there has been a change of the venue, schedule, or presenter Arlo will ask if you would like to send out change notification.
Editing a Multi-Session Event
- Open the event you would like to edit.
- Press Edit.
- Navigate to the menu you need to make changes to. For example, if it is the event date or time this would be done on the Schedule tab.
- Note: You need to press Edit on each session you would like to update if you are changing any details specifically related to the session.
- Edit the Session Details in the slider that pops out.
- Press Save Session.
- Press Save and Close to exit and return to the Event Home Page.
- You will be prompted to send the change related communication (if needed).
What Happens When I Make a Change?
- If you change the presenter, the old presenter will receive a Presenter Cancellation notification and the new presenter will receive and Presenter Confirmation notification.
- If the venue is changed, the venue contact on the old venue will receive a Venue Booking Cancellation notification and the venue contact on the new venue will receive and Venue Booking Confirmation notification.
- If you change the date, any orders for this event will be updated with the new date. A Change Notification will be sent to the registrant with an updated calendar appointment, which edits the original.