The following set of instructions guides you through how to manually create a new Credit Note.
Note: If you want a Credit Note to be linked to an existing order e.g for a refund, or subsidy, Credit Notes can be created automatically for existing orders. See Cancel/Refund a Registration and Generate a Credit Note for information about this.
Step 1. Create New Credit Note
- From the main menu select Orders.
- Press New Credit Note.
Step 2. Select Order Contact
The Order Contact is the key contact person for the Credit Note. They will receive the credit note confirmation communication.
- Start typing the name of the contact to search existing contacts within the system. Select the name from the dropdown. If their name does not appear, press New Contact.
- Check with your customer that you have the correct information.
Step 3. Select the Bill To (Order Contact or an Organisation)
- Private Purchase for the credit note to be issued to the Order Contact, or
- An Organisation for the credit note to be issued to an Organisation.
Credit Note Reference (Optional)
- You can add a Credit Note Reference to the order for you or your customer to use as an additional field to associate the credit note with. For example, this field could be used to store your customer's Purchase Order number.
Step 4. Select Payment Method for the Credit Note
- Select the Payment Method for the Credit Note. (Used for Reference Purposes)
Step 5. Enter the Billing Address
- Enter the billing address for the Credit Note. Enter the Street Address, City, and Country.
Step 6. Mark as Refund Paid?
- After you have entered the billing address for the Credit Note, you can decide whether you want to 'Mark the refund as paid' on saving of the credit note. Tick the option if like to mark the credit note as paid in that case.
Step 7. Add Credit Line
- Press Add Credit Line.. A custom line will appear below, inside the Credit Note details section.
- Add the reason for the amount being credited in the line, e.g "Subsidy Approved for Felicity Merringtons' registration on the 'Community Awareness' course in July 2017."
- Enter the amount being credited.
Step 8. Add a Comment (optional)
- Press Add Comment Line. A 'comment line' field will appear below, inside the Credit Note details section.
- Enter any applicable comments for the Credit Note, e.g "Approval for subsidy granted by Government agency 'Community Funds NZ' on 21 January 2017."
Step 9: Save Credit Note
- Press Save to save and/or send the Credit Note. A pop-up will appear asking you if you would like to action the following..
1) Mark as refund paid (same as step 6 of this article). This is asking if you would like to mark the refund as paid upon saving Credit Note.
2) Send Credit Note will send the Credit Note upon Save.
Other articles that may be helpful: