The following article explains how to setup Arlo to run tax-free events.
In this article:
Arlo allows you to tag an event as tax-free for all website registrations submitted. This means that any orders made through the website will not have any tax associated with them.
- Orders created for registrations within the management platform will still have the default tax rate applied. Contact Arlo Support to have an additional 0% tax rate loaded for internally created orders.
- This process is not supported with Elearning activities.
- This feature is not supported by some web integrations methods.
- If a registrant tries to add a non-taxed item, and a taxed item to the checkout at the same time, a warning message will let them know which cart item needs to be removed.
- To see all tax-exempt solutions see exclude tax on orders.
- If you have events that need different rates e.g. across locations, see multiple tax rates.
- You must have scheduled events on an event template to display the tax-free price.
Setup Arlo for tax-free events
- Contact Arlo Support to load a tag that you can use to make events tax-free, for example, 'Tax-Free' or 'VAT-Free'.
- Open the event you would like to add a tag to. Each event needs to be tagged individually.
- Press Tag from the toolbar.
- Enter the name of the Tax-Free tag that has been added, and press Apply Tags.
- The event will now be tax-free for all website orders generated.
Wordpress plugin settings
If you are using the WordPress plugin, you will need to add the tax-free to your plugin settings.
- Login to your WordPress website.
- From the side menu, select Arlo settings.
- Select the General tab.
- Add the Tax-exempt tag from your Arlo platform.
- Press Save Changes.
- Synchronise your WordPress website.
- The price of an event will always be displayed with no reference to tax, and charge the tax exclusive price.
- No tax details are displayed on the order, or when checking out.
- There is no reference to tax on orders or invoices generated through the website.