Styling and formatting your Arlo for WordPress plugin pages is now easier than ever! The Arlo for WordPress plugin includes pre-built control themes, which will update all Arlo powered pages on your WordPress website with the selected theme. Themes offer different levels of flexibility as they inherit some of the main website’s styles. Highly flexible themes tagged ‘For Designers’ will require assistance from a developer, other themes are designed to simply plug and play!
Important: Selecting an Arlo for WordPress theme will only update the style and format of the Arlo information displayed on the Arlo powered pages. This will not change your WordPress theme.
'For Designer' themes: Themes tagged with "For designers" provide maximum flexibility as they inherit some of the main website’s styles. They will, however, require additional work by a web designer or developer to fix any inadvertent styling issues.
Standard themes: Themes without the 'For Designers' tag offer limited flexibility in terms of styling and are great if you do not have access to a web designer or developer. These themes will not inherit styles and therefore the likelihood for styling issues to occur is reduced. The selected themes styling will be applied ignoring your website's styles.
- Login to your WordPress dashboard
- Select Arlo Settings from the left side navigation
- Select the Theme tab
- By default, the Arlo for WordPress plugin control theme is set to Jazz (standard theme)
- To change the theme, find a theme you like and select the appropriate button (see button descriptions below)
Apply will update the theme of the Arlo powered pages and KEEP the previous customization made to the selected themes Arlo templates within the Pages tab.
Apply & Reset will update the theme of the Arlo powered pages and RESET the tab.
Current shows the currently selected theme.
- Save changes
- The plugin will re-sync and the selected theme will be applied to your Arlo pages.
- Note: If you do not see the theme update please clear your browser cache
Custom CSS is available to override you're selected 'For Designer' themes colours so you can customise your theme to fit with your websites colour scheme.