- Course interactions and mapping explained
- Registration interactions and mapping explained
- Contact interactions and mapping explained
Course interactions and mapping explained
- Connecting an Arlo course to a single Moodle course
- Connecting an Arlo template (multiple courses) to a single Moodle Course
- Cancelling a course in Arlo that is connected to Moodle
- Archiving an elearning activity in Arlo that is connected to Moodle
- Removing an active Arlo enrollment method from Moodle course (unlinking a course)
Connecting an Arlo course to a single Moodle course
An Arlo course can only be mapped to one course in Moodle. Once the initial mapping is completed in Moodle, the Arlo course will not appear for further mapping on other Moodle courses. If the mapping to an existing Moodle course is removed, then the Arlo course will be free for mapping to another Moodle course.
Connecting a Moodle Course to multiple Arlo courses
One Moodle course can be connected to multiple Arlo courses (multiple Arlo enrolments), meaning that registrations for separate courses in Arlo can provide access to the same Moodle course.
Cancelling a course in Arlo that is connected to Moodle
When you cancel a course in Arlo, all active registrations on the course are also cancelled. When an active registration is cancelled in Arlo, the enrollment becomes inactive in Moodle and user is removed from the respective group in Moodle.
Archiving an elearning activity in Arlo that is connected to Moodle
Archiving an elearning in Arlo, won't change the status for registrations in Moodle. The registrations still remain enrolled in Moodle and can continue to access Moodle course. If you don't want them to have access to the course in Moodle, you will need to remove the Arlo enrolment method from the course in Moodle or cancel their registration (if you don't wish to keep their registration record active).
Removing an active Arlo enrollment method from Moodle course (unlinking a course)
If the enrolment method is removed from the course in Moodle, all users enrolled using the method will be unenrolled and any course-related data such as users' grades, group membership or forum subscriptions will be deleted. The registrations in Arlo will not be impacted.
- Registration created in Arlo
- Registration cancelled in Arlo
- Registrant transferred in Arlo
- Registrant changed in Arlo
- Individual Arlo enrolment removed in Moodle (while registration in Arlo still active)
Registration is created in Arlo
New registration from Arlo creates an enrollment to the course in Moodle, only when the registration is in “Approved”, ”In Progress” or “Completed” status.
Registrations awaiting approval are not created in Moodle.
Registration is cancelled in Arlo
When an active registration is cancelled in Arlo, the enrollment becomes inactive in Moodle and user is removed from the respective group in Moodle.
Registrant is transferred in Arlo
When a registrant is transferred from one course to another, existing enrolment will be inactive and the user will be removed from the group in Moodle. New enrolment is created in Moodle for the new course (if mapping exists for the new course) and Moodle course welcome notification is sent to the registrant
Registrant is changed in Arlo
When a registrant needs to be changed in Arlo, you will need to either:
- Cancel the existing registration and create a new one, OR
- Change the registrant in Arlo and then manually change the registrant in Moodle to match.
Arlo enrolment removed in Moodle (with registration in Arlo still active)
If an enrolment is removed in Moodle for registrations with an enrolment method as Arlo enrolment:
- You will not be able to remove the enrolment logging into Moodle only (as it will resynchronize from Arlo)
- You need to cancel the registration in Arlo to remove access to the Moodle course, or you can remove users from a group manually and user will not be added back to the group during the next synchronisation.
- Arlo registrants already exists as a Moodle user
- Arlo registrant does not exist as a Moodle user
- Contact management diagram
Arlo registrant does not exist as a Moodle user
If the Arlo registrant's contact code does not already exist, a new contact code will be created in Moodle if their name or email does not exist also. View new Moodle user communication
Merging Contacts in Arlo
Avoid merging contacts in Arlo if either of the contacts are registered on a Moodle course as this may cause Moodle sync issues. Keep both contact records and archive the record that is not the primary record.
Contact management diagram