- Course interactions and mapping explained
- Registration interactions and mapping explained
- Contact interactions and mapping explained
Course interactions and mapping explained
- Connecting an Arlo course to a single Moodle course
- Connecting a Moodle Course to multiple Arlo courses
- Updating the Arlo course code
- Changing course properties in Arlo
- Changing an active Arlo enrolment course in Moodle
- Removing an active Arlo enrollment from Moodle course
Connecting an Arlo course to a single Moodle course
An Arlo course can only be mapped to one course in Moodle. Once the initial mapping is completed in Moodle, the Arlo course will not appear for further mapping on other Moodle courses. If the mapping to an existing Moodle course is removed, then the Arlo course will be free for mapping to another Moodle course.
Connecting a Moodle Course to multiple Arlo courses
One Moodle course can be connected to multiple Arlo courses (multiple Arlo enrolments), meaning that registrations for separate courses in Arlo can provide access to the same Moodle course.
Updating the Arlo course code
When an Arlo course code is updated in Arlo, the admin needs to login to Moodle and link the new course code to the Moodle course as the mapping is broken with a course code change.
Changing course properties in Arlo
Changing any of the course properties like website display status, default delivery method etc. will not affect the listing of an Arlo course in Moodle. The integration transfers only the course code and none of the course content [summary, description etc] is mapped in Arlo or Moodle.
Changing an active Arlo enrolment course in Moodle
When the course code mapping is updated on a course in Moodle to a different course code:
- Existing groups on the course are removed.
- Existing users access on the course are retained without a group.
- The group enrolment methods in Moodle reflect the updated code in text e.g. Arlo enrolments (<New course code>).
- When a Moodle course and Arlo course code are remapped, Moodle will not automatically assign a group to the previous user. Groups will need to be manually assigned in Moodle.
Removing an active Arlo enrollment from Moodle course
If the enrolment method is removed from the course in Moodle, existing enrolled users are removed from the course.
- Registration is created in Arlo
- Registration is cancelled in Arlo
- Registrant is transferred in Arlo
- Registrant is changed in Arlo
- Arlo enrolment method removed in Moodle
- Arlo enrollments and Moodle groups
Registration is created in Arlo
New registration from Arlo creates an enrollment to the course in Moodle, only when the registration is in “Approved”, ”In Progress” or “Completed” status. An Arlo registration will align to a Moodle user.
Registration is cancelled in Arlo
When an active registration is cancelled in Arlo, the enrollment becomes inactive in Moodle and user is removed from the respective group in Moodle
Registrant is transferred in Arlo
When a registrant is transferred from one course to another, existing enrolment will be inactive and the user will be removed from the group in Moodle. New enrolment is created in Moodle for the new course (if mapping exists for new course) and Moodle course welcome notification is sent to the registrant
Registrant is changed in Arlo
When a registrant is changed on a registration in Arlo, a new contact will be created in Moodle (if does not exist) and provided access to the course with a notification. Existing contacts enrolment will be inactive and user removed from the group
Arlo enrolment method removed in Moodle
If the enrolment is removed in Moodle for registrations with an enrolment method as Arlo enrolment:
- Admin will not be able to remove the enrolment logging into Moodle
- Admin needs to cancel the registration in Arlo to remove access to the associated Moodle group
- Moodle admins can remove users from a group manually and the group will not be reassigned during the next synchronisation.
Arlo enrollments and Moodle groups
For a Moodle course, a user can be placed in only one group per course. Configuration settings are available when connecting an Arlo enrollment to a Moodle course. Groups can either be generated automatically or pre-selected per Arlo enrollment.
- Arlo registrants already exists as a Moodle user
- Arlo registrant does not exist as a Moodle user
- Contact management diagram
Arlo registrant does not exist as a Moodle user
If the Arlo registrant's contact code does not already exist, a new contact code will be created in Moodle if their name or email does not exist also. View new Moodle user communication
Contact management diagram