In this article:
Arlo allows you to accept payments and make refunds by credit card using Authorize.Net integration.
- Payment process
- Setup Authorize.Net integration in Arlo
- Authorize.Net and Quickbooks
Unlike other payment gateway integrations which pass registrants to an external billing page, the Authorize.Net integration is embedded as part of the Arlo Checkout so registrants have a seamless payment experience.
If you are using Authorize.Net's Advanced Fraud Protection Suite, some payments may be 'Held For Review’. These transactions are put on hold and require attention from an administrator. The order in Arlo will be pending approval, and you will need to accept/decline the payment through Authorize.Net.
Payments made using Authorize.Net become ‘settled’ within 24 hours. Important: Trying to refund a transaction within a 24-hour window will lead to an error message being displayed in Arlo as the payment will not have settled yet. Refunds made take 24 hours to settle.
Setup Authorize.Net integration in Arlo
- From the Dashboard, click Payment Settings, or go to Settings from the main menu and select Payment Settings.
- Press Add Payment Method.
- Select Credit Card.
- Select Authorize.Net.
- Enter your Authorize.Net API Login ID, Client Key, and Transaction Key.
- Ensure Live account is selected.
- Choose your Payment Detail settings. This will complete the connection and you will be redirected back to Arlo.
- Choose if the method should available for registrants to select on your website checkout. Note: If you do not select this, the payment method will be available internally only.
- Choose the Payment Label. If you add a label, it will still display the default payment name (Credit Card), with the label added to the end of the default name within the Management Platform. e.g. Credit card [Authorize.Net]. It will be displayed as Authorize.Net on your checkout.
- Choose the Payment messages to be displayed when the payment method is selected at the checkout. Note: We recommend changing the default review message if you are using Authorize.Net, as the gateway is integrated into the Arlo checkout. Users are not directed to an external page.
- Scroll to the top of the page and press Save or Save and Close.
Authorize.Net and Quickbooks
Save valuable time and money by automatically importing your settled Authorize.Net transactions directly into your existing QuickBooks account.* Setup is simple and only requires a one-time configuration with Authorize.Net.
Example of Authorize.Net in Arlo checkout
The Authorize.Net payment section is integrated directly into the final step of the Arlo checkout, so users have a seamless payment experience. Unlike other payment gateways - it does not redirect users to an external payment page. Once a user enters their card details and presses Submit their order is submitted.