In this article
The following instructions explain how to create new venues in Arlo.
- Create a venue before creating an event
- Create a venue while creating an event
- Solutions for unconfirmed venues
- Address tips and guidelines
Creating a venue before creating an event
- Open the Venues menu.
- Press New Venue.
- From the General tab, enter the venue address details. Note: The Location field will be used to filter events on your website by location. By default, the City field will be used.
- Check that map marker is in the correct location. Drag the marker to the correct location if necessary. This map will be displayed on instructions sent for your events at this venue. Hint: See Address tips and guidelines.
- Complete the venue Contact details. The booking contact will receive an email whenever a new event is scheduled at their venue.
- (Optional) Complete the Parking information and Directions. This information is sent to registrants and presenters related to an event. See an example of event instructions sent to registrants including venue information.
- From the Regions tab, ensure the time zone for the venue is correct as this will be used as the time zone for any event scheduled to run at the venue.
- Press Save.
Creating a venue while creating an event
- Create a new event.
- From the Schedule step, click the Venue field and press New.
- Enter the Name, Address, and Location of the venue. Note: The Location field will be used to filter events on your website by location. By default, the City field will be used.
- Select Display map, and choose the map marker location. This map will be displayed on instructions sent for your events at this venue. Hint: See Address tips and guidelines.
- From the Region section, ensure the venues timezone is correct as this will be used as the time zone for any event scheduled to run at the venue.
- If you would like to add Parking information and Directions, click Add more information. See an example of event instructions sent to registrants including venue information.
- Press Create Venue. You can now use the venue for your event.
Solutions for unconfirmed venues
There may be circumstances where you are not sure of the venue at the time of creating an event, or you may not wish to advertise the venue and it's exact location yet. However, you may wish to still create and advertise the event. In these cases, you can follow either of the options below.
Create a placeholder venue
A placeholder venue is set up the same way as you would an actual venue, however with a placeholder venue, you would enter just the name, city and country.
When you then choose an actual venue, you can edit the event. Any existing registrants and presenters on the event will be sent automated venue change notification with the new venues details.
Example: A placeholder venue details for Sydney.
Use the event confirmation workflow
If you use the event confirmation workflow, Arlo will not send the event details until after the event has been confirmed (which you can do at any time).
Address tips and guidelines
To help Google Maps display the correct map and location, follow the guidelines below.
- Enter the street address beginning with the street number, e.g. 110 Smith Street (Level 2)
- Always include a specific street number, not a range, e.g. 110 Smith Street
- Always include a specific street number, not a corner address, e.g. 110 Smith Street
- Always enter a building name on a separate line to the street address and make sure the building name does not start with a number. Google interprets any line starting with a number as a possible street address, e.g. Wilson Tower (Level 2) 110 Smith Street
If the address pointer is not where you want it to be, you can manually move it around. Simply click and hold the pointer, and drag and drop it where you want it to be positioned
If you see this error message when trying to set the map on a venue, adjust the address details based on the guidelines above and click Refresh Map.