The following article outlines how to create new venues and rooms in Arlo and offers some solutions for how to manage courses with unconfirmed venues.
- Open the Venues and rooms menu item.
- Press New Venue.
- Enter the Name of the venue.
- If you would like to display the venue (e.g. address, map) on your website, tick the Display on website checkbox.
Learn more about displaying venues on your website.
- If you already have your own website page for the venue, to change the Page hosting, click Edit, select Custom hosting and enter the URL of the page where the venue information is hosted.
- In the Physical Address section, enter the address details for the venue.
- The Location field is used to filter courses on your website by location. By default, the City field will be used but you can edit this if required.
- In the Region section, Select the correct time zone from the drop-down list.
Ensure the time zone for the venue is correct as this will be used as the time zone for all courses scheduled to run at the venue.
- If you would like to display a map of the venue on your website, and in automated notifications sent to presenters and registrants, from the Map section tick Display map.
- Click Check map. The map will display and you can drag and drop the marker to refine its position.
- Use the Information section to enter any internal information that may be relevant to the use of this venue.
- Click Add more information.
- In the Contact details section, enter the Phone number of the venue contact.
- Enter the Booking contact name. The booking contact will receive an email whenever a new course is scheduled at their venue.
- In the Instructions section, enter the Parking information and the Directions.
Parking information and directions will be included in the registration confirmation email sent to registrants. See an example of course instructions sent to registrants including venue information.
- If you need to store any additional bespoke information against the venue, you can add custom fields for venues, which will be displayed in the General details section.
- Press Create venue or Create & add another.
- Open the Venues and rooms menu.
- Find and select the venue you want to add a room to.
- Select the Rooms tab.
- Press New Room.
- Enter the Name, Capacity, Information, and Status for the room.
You can also add the room's working hours if these are different from the main venue's hours.
- Press Save.
There may be circumstances where you are not sure of the venue at the time of creating a course, or you may not wish to advertise the venue and its exact location yet. However, you may wish to still create and advertise the course. In these cases, you can follow either of the options below.
Create a placeholder venue
A placeholder venue is set up the same way as you would an actual venue, however with a placeholder venue, you would enter just the name, city and country.
When you then choose an actual venue, you can edit the course. Any existing registrants and presenters on the course will be sent automated venue change notification with the new venues details.
Example: A placeholder venue details for Sydney.
Use the course confirmation workflow
If you use the course confirmation workflow, Arlo will not send the course instructions until after the course has been confirmed (which you can do at any time).
To help Google Maps display the correct map and location, follow the guidelines below.
- Enter the street address beginning with the street number, e.g. 110 Smith Street (Level 2)
- Always include a specific street number, not a range, e.g. 110 Smith Street instead of 110 - 116 Smith Street
- Always include a specific street number, not a corner address, e.g. 110 Smith Street instead of Cnr Smith and High Streets
- Always enter a building name on a separate line to the street address and make sure the building name does not start with a number. Google interprets any line starting with a number as a possible street address, e.g. Wilson Tower (Level 2) 110 Smith Street
If you see this error message when trying to set the map on a venue, adjust the address details based on the guidelines above and click Refresh Map.