The following process describes how to create a new event template on its own, without any scheduled event dates running. Note: If you are creating a new event with a date (which you have not run before) a new template will be created automatically.
Arlo is set up to allow you to efficiently manage your recurring training and events. Rather than having to copy all the same information (e.g. name, description, prerequisites) each time it is scheduled, common information about the event is stored within an event template.
In this article
There are a number of steps to complete the event wizard in Arlo. Click on the links below to go straight to the instructions for a particular step.
- Type - Choose the type of event.
- General - Enter the general details of the event, e.g. the name, code, and price, etc.
- Website - Enter information about the event to be displayed on your website.
- Registrations - Choose the registration method, period of registration, and set registration limits.
- Communication - Choose and edit automated emails sent to registrants.
- Create Template - Save your new template.
- Open the Events menu.
- Press New event.
- From the Create a new... section, select New template.
Enter the general details of the event, e.g. the name, code, and price, etc.
- From the General details section, enter the event name, and codes of your event. Note: Arlo recommends using the default codes which it will populate.
- If you have a specific administrator responsible for the event, assign them as a template manager. Template managers can run reports for their event/s, filter them on the events list and dashboards in Arlo, and will receive email notifications about them.
- From the What is the schedule section, select the schedule of the event. Note: You cannot change the schedule type of a template, so ensure this is correct.
- From the Where will it be delivered section, select an option. This can be changed later when setting up events using the template.
- From the Price section, enter the default price per registrant. If there is no price click Free event.
- If required, add your default accounting codes and Xero tracking codes.
- If required, add default professional development points or hours.
- If required, add default logistic settings.
- Press Next.
Enter information about the event to be displayed on your website.
- From the Website page section, ensure your visibility settings are correct. Hint: The website visibility will be set to published by default meaning anybody can find the event on your website.
- If you are hosting the web content externally, edit the Page hosting settings and add the URL of the page with your event content. Learn more about hosting your own event pages.
- From the Website course content section, select the category/s the event should be displayed in on your website.
- Enter the information about your event that will be displayed on the event's website page. Hint: Correct badly Formatted Text copied from Word (Bad HTML).
- From the Website event content section, select if the event date should be published on your website, and whether or not the event should be published on your event list page.
- Choose when the event should be published on your website.
- From the Lead generation section, select whether or not you would like to accept leads on the events website page.
- From the General section, select Accept website registrations.
- Select the default registration method appropriate for your event. Hint: If you need to take payment from registrants, select Order Process. If the event is free, select Quick Registration. If it is an external event and you are not managing the registrations, select URL.
- Select the default period that registrations will be open and close for the event.
- Select the registration policy for your event. Hint: Learn more about registration policies.
- From the Website registration form section, select the registration form for this event. Hint: Unless you need a specific field just for this event, you should use the default registration forms.
- Press Next.
Choose and edit automated event emails sent to registrants.
- From the Communication schedule section, ensure all appropriate emails you want to be sent are enabled.
- To activate an email click, Activate. To disable an email, click Deactivate. Hint: Active emails will appear as a white line, deactivated emails will appear as a shaded grey line.
- Click Activate to send event reminder emails to be sent to registrants. View a preview of a reminder.
- Click Activate to schedule any automated reports to be sent to presenters. Note: This feature is only available on Arlo Enterprise.
- Click Edit to add special instructions and attachments to your registration confirmation (event instructions) email sent to registrants.
- From the Sender details section, check that the sender details are correct for your event.
- Press Create template.