In this article
- Find Venues
- Search for a venue or room
- View a venue's activity calendar and availability scheduler
- Find Presenters
- Search Presenters and check availability
- View Presenter Calendar (Event/Venue/Presenters)
- Manage tasks
- Mark a task as completed
- Managing your tasks
- Edit task categories
Search for a venue or room
You can search your Arlo database to find an available venue and/or room for an event. This is useful if you want to view past venues you have held previous events at.
- From the Events menu, select Venues.
- Search for a venue using the search tool. You can search on venue name, provider, or city.
- Hint: You can select from one of the list views to narrow the search.
- Click on the name of the venue to be taken to the venue management page.
Search for a Room
- From the Events menu, select Rooms.
- Search for a room using the search tool. You can search on venue name, room name, room information, or city. Hint: You can select from one of the list views to narrow the search.
- Click on the name of the room to view and edit the room details.
View Presenter availability
Arlo allows you to view a presenter's personal calendar of activities and a venue's schedule of activities and then combine these within the same calendar to check everyone's availability on a specific date or period. Multiple presenters, venues and rooms can be added. You can also choose to only show events on the calendar that do or do not have regi
Arlo's presenter search allows you to easily check which presenters are available to present at your next event. With the presenter search you can:
- Check availability of your presenters for an event
- Check travel distance between events - You can check details of previous and next event/sessions to confirm the presenter has sufficient travel time to make the event.
- Show presenters within a specific location (city).
- Show presenters with certain classifications, e.g. skill sets by filtering by presenter tags.
- Availability - Indicates whether a presenter is available for the event you plan to create.
- Previous session - Includes information about the event the presenter is scheduled to deliver prior to the event you are creating.
- Next session - Includes information about the event the presenter is scheduled to deliver prior to the event you are creating.
- Completed - indicates how many events the presenter has completed in the past 6 months*. This helps illustrate how active the presenter has been. The Scheduled column indicates how many events the presenter is scheduled to present in the next 6 months*.
- Filters - Apply filters to only display presenters with a specific set of criteria.
- Search box - General text-based search to find a presenter(s), e.g. enter a name, organisation or city.
- Location of the previous session - Check the location of the event the presenter is delivering prior (and after) to determine the travel distance and work out if they can deliver the planned event.
* This period can be changed. Contact Arlo Support to change these time frames.
- Open the Events menu.
- Press New event.
- Start creating your selected event type.
- On the General step, enter the start and end date/time of the event.
- Click Search...
- To add presenters to the event you are creating, select the presenter(s) from the list and press Select.
- Enter a search term into the search box. Hint: You can search on presenters first and last names, organisation, and city (postal address).
- You can refine your search by selecting one of the search filters (Name, Organisation, or City). Your search will then be narrowed to only include matches on the search filter field selected.
- You can narrow your search results by applying a list filter.
- Click the drop-down arrow to the right of the search box to display the available list filters.
Checking if a presenter is available during the time you plan to run an event is only part of the process, you also need to work out where the presenter will be prior to the event and after the event, so that you can ensure they can physically arrive on time and leave within sufficient time to make it to their next appointment.
The Presenter search displays details of the event that the presenter is scheduled to deliver prior to the event you are creating (Previous session). The location (suburb, city, state, and country) and session dates and times are displayed. Similarly, the event the presenter is scheduled to deliver after the event is also included (Next session).
If there is not enough time between events for the presenter to make it, use the presenter search to find another available presenter.
Arlo checks if a presenter is available and displays a warning message if there is a conflict.
If you encounter this warning, click on the 'Schedule conflict' warning to review the conflicting event that the Presenter is already scheduled on. Arlo tracks conflicts based on the overall event start-finish dates, not the individual session start-finish dates. This means that a conflict may be displayed on a multi-session event if the presenter is only set to present one of the sessions at a separate time.
Example: Schedule conflict alert
If a presenter is marked as “Advertised presenter” and the event spans a week (even if they’re only presenting on Thursday) they will be marked as a conflict because that entire week is considered reserved for that presenter.
If the presenter is not marked as an “Advertised presenter” on the overall event they will not be marked as a conflict during that period.
View Presenter calendar
Arlo allows you to view a presenter's personal calendar of activities and a venue's schedule of activities and then combine these within the same calendar to check everyone's availability on a specific date or period. Multiple presenters, venues and rooms can be added. You can also choose to only show events on the calendar that do or do not have registrations, and the timezone in which all events are displayed in on the calendar page.
Note: The availability of the presenters and venues is pulled from scheduled events in Arlo. This does not integrate with Outlook other email software to show availability of presenters outside of events already in Arlo.
- From the main menu select Calendar.
- Press View options.
- Add a presenter's activities to the calendar by selecting the presenter.
- Note: If you do not select a specific room for the venue, activities for all rooms at the venue will be displayed.
- To view only events either with or without registrations select Yes or No on the Has registrations field.
- Note: You can also select the timezone in which the events will be displayed in the calendar.
- To change the calendar view, press Day, Week, or Month.
Note: In the monthly view, events which span across two or more days will be highlighted green.