In this article
- Presenter Troubleshooting
- Venue/Event Logistics Troubleshooting
- Hyperlinks for venues on the website event
- Check if venue maps are being displayed on your website
- How to fix incorrect venue maps
- Tasks Troubleshooting
Hyperlinks for a venue on the website event
Multi-session events can have sessions at different venues, so only the first session's venue is displayed on the website (and in the Arlo Management Platform).
Please note that registrants will still get the full venue details on the event instructions email (sent when their registration is approved), including venue details of all sessions where different from the first session.
Hint: Some website integration options will allow you to remove the venue name altogether.
Checking if venue maps are displayed on your website
The following processes describe how to test that venue maps are being displayed on your website correctly and that each map is displaying the correct location.
- From the Events menu select Venues.
- From the Website column, click the Website link for one of the venues. You will be taken to the venue website page. Note: Create a new venue if one is not already set up.
- Check that a map of the venue is being displayed.
- Open the venue.
- Press Edit.
- Ensure Display map is selected. Note: This will ensure that the map is displayed on your website and in event communication.
How to fix incorrect venue maps
Venue information displayed on your website will automatically include a Google Map based on the address provided. Follow the process below to change the location of the map if it is incorrectly displayed.
- From the Events menu, select Venues.
- Select the venue from within the list.
- Press Edit from the toolbar.
- Drag the maker on the map to the correct location.
- Press Save.
To help Google Maps display the correct map and location, following the guidelines below.
- Enter the street address beginning with the street number, e.g.
- Do not enter: (Level 2) 123 Smith Street
- Instead enter: 123 Smith Street
- Always include a specific street number, not a range, e.g.
- Do not enter: 110-125 Smith Street
- Instead just enter: 110 Smith Street
- Always include a specific street number, not a corner address, e.g.
- Do not enter: Corner Smith Street and Albert Road
- Enter specific address: 40 Smith Street
- Always enter a building name on a separate line to the street address and make sure the building name does not start with a number. Google interprets any line starting with a number as a possible street address.
- Do not enter: Level 2, Wilson Tower
195 Smith Street
- Instead enter: Wilson Tower (Level 2)
195 Smith Street
Map Displayed in Emails is too small
Some maps do not display sufficient detail to give a good sense of the location. Since there is no zoom option for the embedded maps, the following may be an alternative.
- Un-tick the checkbox next to 'Display map' on the Details tab.
- Open a separate browser window or tab.
- Find the address in Google Maps.
- Ensure that you are using map view, not satellite or hybrid view.
- Copy the Google Maps link. Hint: Click the Link icon in top left of screen.
- Paste this as a hyperlink into the Directions field on the on the Details tab. e.g. 'Click here for a map of the event venue'.
- Press Save.