The following set of instructions guides you through the process of creating an Event Registration(s) using the Order process from within the Management Platform.
Step 1. Create New Order
- From the main menu select Orders.
- Once in the order section, press New Order.
Step 2. Select Order Contact (existing Contact or create new Contact)
- The Order Contact is the key contact person for an order. They will receive all order communication such as the Order Confirmation, Order Approval, Tax Invoice, and any Order Cancellation and Order Change emails.
- Start typing the name of the contact to search existing contacts within the system. Select the name from the dropdown if it appears.
- Once you have selected the name it will appear in the box and be underlined.
- Double click their name to be take to a page where you can view and edit the contacts details.
- Check with your customer that you have the correct information.
- If no matches found, click the New Contact link and create a new contact.
Step 3. Select the Bill To (Order Contact or an Organisation)
- Private Purchase for the order to be billed to the Order Contact, or
- An Organisation for the order to be billed to an Organisation.
Order Reference (Optional)
- You can add an order reference number/code to the order for you or your customer to use as an additional field to associate the order with. For example, this field could be used to store your customer's Purchase Order number. The order reference is included on the Tax invoice and Order confirmation/approval emails.
Step 4. Enter the Billing Address
- Enter the billing address for the Order. Enter the Street Address, City, and Country.
Step 5. Add an Event
- Press Add Event. The 'Select an Event and Date' window will appear.
- Select an Event from the dropdown. Hint: You can quickly search for the name of the event by typing part or all of the name in the dropdown.
- A list of dates when the event is schedule to run will be displayed.
- Click the relevant date and press Select. The selected event will be added to the Order.
Step 6. Add Registrant
- Start typing the name of the registrant to search existing contacts within the system. Select the name from the dropdown if it appears.
- If no matches found, click the New Contact link and create a new contact. Hint: You can click Use order contact if the person you are registering on the event is the same as the order contact.
Add Another Registrant
- Click Add another attendee to add another registrant to the same event.
Add Another Event
- Orders can contain multiple events. To add another event to the order press Add Event.
Step 7. Select Payment Method and complete the order
- Select the Payment Method for the order.
- Follow the process based on the payment method selected.
You will need to approve the order before any registrations are confirmed.
Step 8: Approve order
To confirm the order, press Approve from the toolbar.
Other articles that may be helpful: