The following process is a quick guide for processing cheques sent through the post with orders awaiting payment. Once you have completed the process, the system automates rest. It will approval the orders and automatically send all associated communication. The final step in the process includes a reconciliation procedure to ensure information within Arlo is correct.
Step 1. View a List of Orders 'Awaiting Payment'
- Select Orders from the main menu.
- Select Awaiting Payment tab.
Step 2. Match Cheques Received with Orders 'Awaiting Payment'
- Match cheques received in the post with the corresponding orders awaiting payment within Arlo. Your customers have been instructed to print a copy of the tax invoice and send it with their cheque. Identify the Order Code by searching for the Invoice number ("Invoice:"), located near the top of the tax invoice.
- For each cheque received, tick the box of the corresponding order row.
Hint: You can quickly find an order by searching on the Order code or Bill to name. Type the number within the code or the bill to name and results of the search will appear in the list.
Step 3. Mark Items as Paid
- Once you have selected the orders, press Paid
- The following options will be displayed.
Note: The system will not send information that has already been sent, e.g. it will not resend the tax invoice.
- Select the Payment Method. Note: It is important the payment method is correctly recorded for reconciliation purposes.
- Change the payment date if payment was made on a different date/time.
- Press Mark as Paid.
The orders will be marked as paid and approved. The order contacts will received an order approval email and all registrants will receive event instructions.
Step 4. Reconcile the Values (Optional)
We recommend you complete the following reconciliation process straight after you have marked the orders as paid.
- Select Reports from the main menu. Once in the reports section, click Orders Paid report.
- Set the orders paid period on the report for the period during which you have collected the cheques. This will be today's date if you are banking the cheques received for the day.
- Set Payment method as Bank transfer.
- Press Export to PDF. Print the PDF document.
Match the value of Orders on the report with the total value of all cheques* you are about to bank (or have already banked). The values should be the same.
Match the value of Credit Notes on the report with the total value of all cheques you have made out for refunds that you about to post to customers (or have already posted). The values should be the same.
If the values do not match, go through each item on the report and match it with a corresponding cheque to identify the problem.