The following process is a quick guide for matching bank transfer payments received into your bank account with orders awaiting payment. Once you have completed the process, the system automates rest. It will approval the orders and automatically send all associated communication.
Step 1. View Orders 'Awaiting Payment'
- Select Orders from the main menu.
- Select Awaiting Payment tab.
Step 2. Match Bank Transactions with Orders 'Awaiting Payment'
Match transactions from your online banking within with the corresponding orders awaiting payment within Arlo and mark them as paid.
- Login to your online banking.
- Access the most recent list of transactions. If you plan to record payments daily, simply select the previous days transactions.
- Match the transactions from your online banking within with the corresponding orders awaiting payment within Arlo. Your customers will have been instructed to enter the Order Code as the Reference field when they complete the bank transfer. Therefore the order code should appear with the transaction information on your statement.
For each matched transaction on your bank statement, tick the box of the corresponding order row.
Hint: You can quickly find an order by searching on the Order code or Bill to name. Type the number within the code or the name and results of the search will appear in the list.
Step 3. Mark Items as Paid
- Once you have selected the orders, press Paid.
- The following options will be displayed.
Note: Only information that has not already been sent will be sent by the system. For example, if a Tax Invoice has already been sent, it will not be sent again.
- Select the Payment Method.
- Change the payment date if payment was made on a different date/time.
- Press Mark as Paid.
The orders will be marked as paid and approved*. The order contacts will received an order approval email and all registrants will receive event instructions*.
*If you run an Account-Based business you will have already approved the orders and registrants will have already received event instructions. The process outlined above is to simply to mark the orders as paid.
Step 4. Reconcile the Values (Optional)
We recommend you complete the following reconciliation process straight after you have marked the orders as paid.
- From the list of transactions, calculate the total value of all bank transfers you have just matched.
- Select Reports from the main menu. Once in the reports section, click Orders Paid report.
- Set the period on the report for the same period of transactions you have downloaded.
- Set Payment method as Bank transfer.
- Press Export to PDF. Print the PDF document. You can also run the report onscreen by pressing Run Report.
- Match the Total Balance on the report with the total value of all bank transfers (the value you calculated previously). They should be the same values.
If they do not match, go through each item on the report and match it with a corresponding transaction on your bank statement to identify the problem.