The following set of steps is a simple guide to producing a DPS Transaction report for credit card payments made through Arlo. The guide also includes producing the corresponding orders paid report within Arlo and then illustrates how both reports can be reconciled against each other.
Step 1. Produce DPS Transaction Report
- Login to the DPS Payment Manager. You will have been emailed the login information including a Web Username and Web Password.
Your Hosted Payments Page account includes access to Payline, DPS's online reporting and administration tool. Through Payline you can report on your transaction history, process manual payments and refund transactions (conditional on your merchant account being enabled for refunds).
A guide for this service is available on the DPS website: www.paymentexpress.com/downloads/PaymentManager.pdf
DPS support is available by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Select the Reports menu.
- Press Standard (Settlement Date) and press Next
- If you are running the report on a daily basis for reconciliations, we recommend using the following settings;
- Report Name: Date of the transactions being reported, e.g. 25-Oct-2017
- Format: PDF
- Types: [x] Purch [x] Auth [x] Complete [x] Refund
- Start Date: The date of the transactions being reported, e.g. 25-Oct-2017
- Start Time: 00 00
- Select End Date: The following day of the transactions being reported, e.g. 25-Oct-2017
- End Time: 00 00
- Sort: Asc
Example of a Daily Transaction Report Settings:
Note: As the End time is set at 00 00, the report below is only reporting on transactions for the 25th October (one day) and does not include the 26th October.
- After you have entered the settings for the report, press Add.
- Your report will appear in the Pending Reports section.
- You will need to wait a few minutes to give DPS time to generate the report. After you have finished waiting, press Refresh List.
- If the report has been generated it will appear in the Ready Reports section.
- Click the PDF link to download the report (PDF document).
Step 2. Produce Orders Paid Report in Arlo
- Select Reports from the main menu. Once in the reports section, click Orders Paid report.
- Select Orders paid Between [19-Sep-2010] and [19-Sep-2010] to product a list of orders paid on the 19 September 2010.
- Select Credit card (online) as the payment method.
- Press Export to PDF. Print the PDF document. You can also run the report onscreen by pressing Run Report.
Step 3. Match Reports to Reconcile the Transactions
- Simply match the total on the DPS Transaction report (3695.64) with the Total Balance (3695.64) on the Orders Paid report from within Arlo. If the two values do not match, check off each line on both reports to find the missing transaction(s)/order(s).