The following process is a quick guide for reconciling (balancing) credit card payments made through Arlo via the DPS payment gateway.
Step 1. Run Orders Paid Report
- From the main menu select Reports.
- In the reports section, click Orders Paid report.
- Select Period you would like to reconcile.
- Select the Payment method as Credit card (online). Note: It is important that whenever you mark an order as paid you ensure that the correct payment method has been set. All DPS transactions should be marked as Credit card (online)
- Press Export to PDF. Print the PDF document.
- You can also run the report on screen by pressing Run Report.
Simple Reconciliation: If you reconcile daily and always reconcile the previous days translations, you can perform a simple balance at this point. Just match the to Total Balance at the bottom of the report with the amount that was deposited into your account.
Step 2. Produce DPS Transaction Report
- Login to the DPS Payment Manager.
- Select the Reports menu and then select the Reports sub menu.
- Press Create New Report.
- Select Standard (Settlement Date) and press Next.
- If you are running the report on a daily basis for reconciliations, we recommend using the following settings;
- Report Name: Date of the transactions being reported, e.g. 19-Sep-2010
- Format: PDF
- Types: [x] Purch [x] Auth [x] Complete [x] Refund
- Start Date: The date of the transactions being reported, e.g. 19 September 2010
- Start Time: 00 00
- Select End Date: The following day of the transactions being reported, e.g. 20 September 2010
- End Time: 00 00
- Sort: Asc
Note: As the End time is set at 00 00, the report below is only reporting on transactions for the 19 September (one day) and does not include the 20 September.
- After you have entered the settings for the report, press Create
- Your report will appear in the Pending Reports section
- You will need to wait a few minutes to give DPS time to generate the report. After you have finished waiting, press Refresh List.
- If the report has been generated it will appear in the Ready Reports section.
- Click the PDF link to download the report (PDF document).
Step 3. Match Reports to Reconcile the Transactions
- Simply match the total on the DPS Transaction report (3695.64) with the Total Balance (3695.64) on the Orders Paid report from within Arlo. If the two values do not match, check off each line on both reports to find the missing transaction(s)/order(s).
Hint: The example above illustrates reports if you were to reconcile daily. However if you do not receive a large number of transactions per day, you can always run weekly reports or even monthly reports.