The following process is a quick guide for settling your terminal device and ensuring that EFTPOS and Credit card transactions made through the device reconcile with payments recorded within Arlo.
Step 1. Settle your Terminal Device and Print Report
- Settle your terminal device as per the instructions from your supplier. You can reconcile Arlo at any point once the settling process is complete. For example, you can choose to reconcile the morning after if the system automatically settles in the evening. If you are manually settling the device during the day, then in this situation, reconciling Arlo straight after is likely to be the best time.
- From the terminal device, print the summary report of all transactions processed since the last time the device was settled.
Step 2. Run Orders Paid Report
- Within Arlo, from the main menu select Reports. Once in the reports section, click Orders Paid report.
- Select the period you would like to reconcile. This period should match the same period you have used when settling your terminal device.
- Press Export to PDF. Print the PDF document. You can also run the report on-screen by pressing Run Report.
Step 3. Match values on Orders Paid Report with Terminal Device Report
- Match the value of EFTPOS payments on the Arlo Orders Paid report with EFTPOS transactions total on your terminal device. The values should be the same.
- Match the value of Credit card (terminal) payments on the Arlo Orders Paid report with the credit card transactions total on your terminal device. The values should be the same.