This article describes how to find, view, report and export orders using Arlo.
When searching for orders in Arlo, there are a number of options you can use, depending on what you are looking for, e.g. you are looking for one specific order or orders with a particular status.
If you know the status of the order(s) you are looking for, you can select from one of the list views to narrow the search.
The text filter allows you to enter either the order code, bill to name, or order reference in the search box to find the relevant order(s). You can then click on the order code to enter the order you want to view.
You can refine your search by selecting one of the search filters.
The following process describes a quick way to open an order associated with a registration.
- Enter the name of the registrant into the quick search field.
You can use any information to search for a contact including custom fields and notes. Search results are listed with a 'Google like' ranking where the best match is displayed at the top. Read more about the quick search tool.
- A list of current registrations for the contact will be displayed in the results. Click on the order number associated with the registration you would like to edit. You will be taken to the order edit page.
Orders can contain more than one course, multiple registrations, and/or other non-course lines, e.g order discounts and custom lines. This means that you need to report on the registrations themselves, or report on order lines, to see the course details against an order.
The following is a list of reports that include order and registration details.
Registrations list (Advanced) report
The Registrations list (Advanced) report outputs a row for each registration. It can be filtered and includes both registration and course details. This report is most useful to filter and group orders by course and exclude other lines on the order.
Order lines (Advanced) report
The Order lines (Advanced) report outputs all order details and lines and can include course, registration, and order contact details. It is most useful to use this report when you need all order details.
Report on orders created by salespeople
We recommend that you export either report to Excel, and then filter/subtotal by salesperson.
If your salespeople are account managers, you can also use the Account Manager Activity report.
The following process is recommended for following up orders which are overdue and where payment is required prior to the course start.
Places on a course will be held for all registrations associated with an order whether the order is awaiting approval (e.g. awaiting payment) or approved. For example, if the course has 10 places left and a person registers for the course on the website, their place will be held on the course until the associated order is cancelled.
Identify orders which are overdue
- Open the Orders menu item.
- Select the Payment overdue view.
- Sort the Payment Due date column by clicking on the column heading.
- For each order, open the order by clicking on the item in the list.
You can open each order on a new tab by pressing Ctrl and clicking on the order icon.
- Once the order has been opened, click on the name of the Order contact.
- Press Email from the toolbar. A new email will be opened from your default email program.
- Write an email highlighting that payment is now overdue and that their registration(s) is not secure until payment has been accepted.
We recommend you then add a note to the order recording that a follow up email has been sent.
The following process is a quick guide for reconciling cash payments made over the front counter with payments recorded within Arlo.
Calculate cash balance
- Calculate the balance of cash you have received (after any refunds have been paid) since the last time you reconciled cash payments within Arlo.
Run an Orders paid report
- Within Arlo, open the Reports menu item.
- In the Orders section, click Orders Paid report.
- Select the same period you used when calculating the cash balance.
- Select Cash as the payment method.
- Press Export to PDF. Print the PDF document. You can also run the report onscreen by pressing Run Report.
Match orders paid report with cash balance
- Match the value of Cash (Currency) payments on the Orders paid report with the balance of cash calculated initially. The values should be the same.
Arlo allows you to record where or from whom an order was generated, e.g. website registration, phone, email, or partner order. The following information explains how to edit the Source field on an order, manage the field's options, and produce an order source report.
Edit the source on an order
- Open the order you would like to edit.
- Select the Source from the drop-down list.
Manage source options
The following link will take you to the setting on your platform to update the options available in the source drop-down box.
In this link - replace the <PlatformName> with your platform name. This can be found in the URL of your management platform.
Contact Arlo Support if you would like to change the default value used for orders created via the checkout. By default the value is Website.
Produce an order source report
The following instructions describe how to use the Order List report to report on the source of your orders.
- Open the Reports menu item.
- From the Orders section, select the Order List report.
- To access all report settings on the report page, press Report Settings from the toolbar.
- Select the source field by ticking the checkbox next to Source.
- Select all other fields that you would like to report on.
Save your settings as default or as a favourite report so you can quickly get the information you need in the future.
- Run or export the report.
Not all available report options have been selected in this sample report.
This section describes how to export order and order line item information from your Arlo platform. There are two options when exporting order information; a simple export of all order lines, or an advanced export ready to import into your accounting system.
The exports include a separate row for each line item on an order. If an order includes multiple lines, the order details (e.g. Order code, Bill to contact) will be repeated for each relevant row.
- Open the Orders menu item.
- Select the orders you would like to export by ticking the checkbox in each row.
You can apply a filter for 'Not exported' and use the 'Select all' in the top right-hand corner to quickly export all non-exported orders.
- Press Actions and select Export orders.
- Select the format you would like the orders exported in, and choose whether you would like the items to be marked as exported.
- Press Export.
The Order Lines (Advanced) report uses a powerful search and filtering engine, allowing you to generate custom XLSX and CSV exports of order line information based on records that match your conditions. You can control the column outputs of the report, including their position - and apply multiple sorting conditions to a single report.
This report is ideal to use when transferring order data over from Arlo to your accounting system.
You can set a range of conditions and the report can output a large range of information for each order line including:
- Billing contacts details
- Billing contacts organisation details
- Registrants details
- Registrants organisation details
- Registration details
- Event details
- Voucher details