The following process is recommended for cancelling orders which are overdue and where the order contact has already been notified that payment is required (see Follow up orders where payment is overdue) but is still yet to make a payment.
- Select Orders from the main menu.
- Select Awaiting Payment tab
- Sort on the Payment Due date by clicking on the column heading.
Hint: Select the view: Overdue by 7 days to list orders that at more than 7 days overdue. This view is designed to make it easy for you to view orders which are due to be cancelled if you have a policy to cancel orders if payment is not received within 7 days after sending a payment reminder.
For each order;
- Open the order by clicking on the item in the list.
- Once the order has been opened, click on the Order contact's name. Hint: Press the Ctrl key and click the Order Contact's name to open the contact page in a separate window or tab. This will allow you to quickly go back to the order when you need to cancel it later in the process.
- Press New Email from the toolbar.
- A new email will be opened from your email program, e.g. Microsoft outlook.
- Write an email highlighting that payment has not been received and that you have therefore had to cancel the order.
- Send the email.
- Open the Order once again.
- Press Cancel from the toolbar to cancel the order.
- Select communication options and press Cancel Order to confirm the cancellation.
- We recommend you then add a Note to the order recording the reason the order was cancelled.
Note: Places on an event will be held for all registrations associated with an order whether the order is awaiting approval (e.g. awaiting payment) or approved.
Other articles that may be helpful: