The Contact Selector is used to search and select a contact, e.g. select a contact when registering a person on an event. The following information describes how to use the contact selector effectively.
How to Use the Contact Selector
- Start typing the name of the contact. The results of the search will appear as you type.
- Click on the name of the contact you would like to select. If the contact does not appear in the search results, click New contact... to create a new record.
- Once you have selected the contact's name it will appear in the box and be underlined. An underlined name means that Arlo has found an existing record.
- You can include partial spelling. For example, searching on "Fel Merring" would find "Felicity Merrington".
- You can search on a Contact code. For example, searching on "123" would find "Felicity Merrington" if Felicity's Contact code was "123".
- Double-click the contact's name to open and edit the contact record in a new website browser window/tab.
- When there is only one contact that matches your search (e.g. you type "Felicity M" and only "Felicity Merrington" is found), Arlo will automatically select the contact for you.
Other articles that may be helpful: