Custom fields on Contacts and Organisations allow you to add additional fields and store information directly against a Contact/Organisations record. Once configured, contact fields can also be included within your event website registration form so that data can be captured at the time of registration.
You can also import custom fields when adding/updating contacts in Arlo.
Unlike registration fields, which allow you to store the information against a single registration, contact/organisation field information is stored against their contact record.
In this article:
- Add Contact/Organisation Fields to your Arlo Platform
- Add Contact Fields to your Website Registration Forms
- Add Contact/Organisation Information Manually
- Report on Custom Contact Fields
- Common Issues
Below are some examples of information you might want to capture at a contact/organisation level, as it is not likely that this will change often:
- Emergency Contact Name - What is your emergency contact name?
- License Number- What is your license number?
- Education Level - Please list your highest qualification?
- Year Graduated- What year did you graduate?
The following process outlines how to capture contact/organization information during the website checkout process.
- Add the contact/organisation fields you would like to include in your website registration forms.
- Setup your website registration forms to include the custom contact/organisation fields.
- Note: Contact fields are classified against the 'Contact' entity.
- Open the Contact/Organisation you would like to enter the custom field data against. Note: You need to have already added your fields to the platform. Learn how to add, edit and remove fields.
- Enter the custom field information for the contact/organisation.
- Note: Custom fields are added to the Personal/Company tabs.
If you have custom fields setup for your contacts on your platform (to include in your registration forms), you can report on these in the Registrations List report and the Event/Course Registrants report. Note: Multi Line custom fields cannot be included in reports and custom date fields do not respect timezone settings. .
These fields are automatically available on these reports and are unique to your platform. If there is not a custom fields section in the report settings, then you do not have custom fields on your platform.
Using the Correct Field Type
If the information you need to store is likely to change each time a contact registers e.g. 'Have you completed this course before?', this should be stored against a registration so that you do not lose any previously stored data. Contact and Organisations will only retain the latest field entry made during a registration.
Other articles that may be helpful: