Custom fields on contacts and organisations allow you to add additional fields and store information directly against a contact/organisations record. Once configured, contact fields can also be included within your event website registration form so that data can be captured at the time of registration. Learn more about the available custom field types.
You can also import custom fields when adding/updating contacts in Arlo.
Unlike registration fields, which allow you to store the information against a single registration, contact/organisation field information is stored against their contact record. Note: Contact fields should generally be used for information that should be allowed to be overwritten by future registrations, for example, your applicants' contact details. If this information should never be overwritten, consider creating a custom registration field instead.
In this Article:
- Add Contact/Organisation Fields to your Arlo Platform
- Add Contact Fields to your Website Registration Forms
- Add Contact/Organisation Information Manually
- Report on Custom Contact Fields
- Common Issues
Learn how to add, edit and remove contact and organisation fields on your platform.
Below are some examples of information you might want to capture at a contact level, as it is not likely that this will need to be changed across registrations:
- Emergency Contact Name
- License Number
- Education Level
- Year Graduated
The following process outlines how to capture contact information during the website checkout process.
- Add the contact fields you would like to include in your website registration forms. Note: Learn how to enable validation on the email address field.
- Setup your website registration forms to include the custom contact fields. Note: Contact fields are classified against the 'Contact' entity.
- Open the contact/organisation you would like to enter the custom field data against. Note: You need to have already added your fields to the platform. Learn how to add, edit and remove fields.
- Enter the field information for the contact/organisation. Note: Custom fields are added to the Personal/Company tabs.
If you have custom fields setup for your contacts on your platform (to include in your registration forms), you can report on these in the Registrations List report and the Event/Course Registrants report. Note: Multi Line custom fields cannot be included in reports and custom date fields do not respect time zone settings.
These fields are automatically available on these reports and are unique to your platform. If there is not a custom fields section in the report settings, then you do not have custom fields on your platform.
Using the Correct Field Entity
If the information you need to store is likely to change each time a contact registers e.g. 'Have you completed this course before?', this should be stored against a registration so that you do not lose any previously stored data. Contact and Organisations will only retain the latest field entry made during a registration.