Custom Field Types
Arlo supports the following custom field type. Note: Learn how to add, edit and remove fields on your platform.
- Single-line text
The single-line text field allows users to submit a single line of text. This field can be used for anything where no more than a single line of input is required.
- Multi-line text
The multi-line text field allows a user to enter text into form field that is capable of storing multiple lines of text.
The checkbox field is a single checkbox e.g. 'Tick if you require accommodation'.
- Checkbox list
The Checkbox list allows you to present one or many check-boxes which allow multiple selections e.g. 'Please indicate what other courses interest you (tick all that apply).'
- Drop-down list
The drop-down list allows users to select one option from a list of preconfigured values.
- Drop-down list with text
The drop-down list with text allows the user to select 'Other' and type in an option if their preferred is not available on the preconfigured list.
- Radio list
The radio list allows users to select one option from a list. Unlike a checkbox list only one option from the available choices can be selected.
The number field allows a user to enter a number, only numerical characters will be accepted.
The date field allows you present a field that captures date data.
The Website field allows users to enter a website URL This field automatically validates that the information entered was formatted correctly.
Custom fields can be added to the following entities:
- Contacts - Fields on contacts store information against individual contact records.
- Organisations - Fields on organisations store information against individual organisation records.
- Events - Fields on events enable information to be stored at an event-level.You can store different information for particular events for example 'Number of course books required for this event'.
- Sessions - Fields on Sessions enable information to be stored at an individual session-level.
- Registrations - Fields on Registrations enable information to be stored against a contacts individual registration. This allows you to store different information on each registration a contact has submitted like 'Customer Satisfaction Level for this Event'.
Other articles that may be helpful: