The following information describes how to set up automated discounts for event registrations.
- Select Settings from the main menu.
- Select Discounts.
- Press New Discount.
- Complete the following steps:
- Enter the Name and Description of the discount.
- Note: The Description text will be displayed on orders containing the discount.
- Select the regions the discount should work in. Note: You will only see this if multi-region is enabled.
- In this example, the discount will only be available to registrants in the New Zealand region on your website registration area.
- If 'Apply to all regions' is selected, all registrants would be able to see and receive this discount so long as the criteria for the discount is met.
- Choose if the discount should deduct individual registration amounts, or an amount of the total order.
- For example, $50 off each registration on an order, or $50 off the total order amount.
Maximum Discount Amount
- For discounts that are based on a percentage, you can choose to set a maximum discount value measured in dollars. For example, where an event costs $100 and the discount is 20%, if the maximum discount amount was $10 then only a $10 discount would be applied to the order.
Based on this selection of Order Discount or Registration Discount, the following criteria will be made available:
Individual Registration Discounts
- Registration discounts are applied to individual registrations within an order. e.g. if the discount was $10 off, and it was a registration discount - it would provide $10 off on only registrations that meet the discount criteria.
- Order discounts are applied to the overall order. e.g. if the discount was 10% off, and it was an order discount - it would provide 10% of the total order amount.
- Enabling the Promote on website with label setting displays the discounted price with a label in front, e.g. 'Early bird special $90.00.'
- Example of Website Display:
- Note: The discount shown on the website is based on the order that they are created. Arlo will only display one discounted price for each event, and it will be the oldest active one available.
- Enabling the Show instead of price setting hides the standard price for the event on the website, and displays the discounted price.
- For example: Normal price: $1,595.00, discounted price: $1,515.00 will display as:
- The Website review line text will be displayed on the Review & Confirm step in the website order process.
- For example:
- Select the period for when the discount will be available. If the 'From' and 'To' dates are left blank, the discount will always be available (unless it is a time based discount, e.g. early bird, where the discount will only apply within that time).
- You can also choose the number of times a discount can be used. Note: Once a discount reaches it maximum use limit, it will no longer work.
- You can see the number of times a discount has been used on the Discounts list page, and how many remaining uses it has left if it has a limit e.g. 3/5.
- If a discount has reached its limit use, administrators can add more by increasing the limit on the limit settings e.g.
- Discount 'X' has been used 5/5 times. If an administrator adjusts the usage limit to 10, it will show 5/10 on the discounts list page.
- If a discount is set to can be combined with other discounts, registrants will be able to use more than one discount on an event (where applicable).
- If a discount cannot be combined with others, Arlo will use the discount that has a higher priority. Order discounts will always be combined with registration discounts, regardless of this setting.
You can choose which events discounts are available on, including online activities.
Note: Learn more about Event Tags.
- 'All Events and Online Activities' means this discount will apply to all events, including new events.
Events Tagged With: Note: Learn more about Event Tags.
- 'Events Tagged With' means the discount will only apply to certain events tagged with a certain tag.
- 'Online Activities with Templates Tagged' means the discount will only apply to the online activity that belongs to templates with a certain tag.
- 'Events and Online Activities with Templates Tagged' means the discount will only apply to all events, and online activities that belong to templates with a certain tag - including new events.
- 'Specific Events' means the discount will only apply to the specific events selected - no new events created will be included. Note: You can not choose Online Activities with this option.
Other articles that may be helpful: