Use the contact importer tool to update a number of contacts/presenters details at once using a spreadsheet.
Step 1. Export contacts details into spreadsheet.
- Select Contacts from main menu.
- Select Contacts (or Presenters) tab.
- Click Export on the right of the page above the contact list.
- Select Contact Information (CSV).
Step 2. Edit the details within spreadsheet. You can also add additional contacts (or Presenters) to the spreadsheet if required.
Step 3. Use the Save as option within your spreadsheet programme (e.g. Microsoft Excel) and save the file as a CSV (Comma delimited) file type.
Step 4. Use the contact importer to upload the new information back into Arlo.
Note: To retrieve contacts IDKey to use to update existing contacts name and email details:
- From the main menu, select Contacts.
- Select Export all contact information with date offset.
- The IDKey can be found in the Contact_Key column of the export.
- Copy the Contact_Key column from the export, to a new column in the contact import file as needed.
If the system matches on Firstname, LastName, and EmailAddress, then all other information (including the ContactCode) will be updated. The IDkey will never be updated as this is a system generated value. If you try to change update a contact's name or email, without including the IDKey in the import file, a new contact will be created. Contact Arlo Support if you need assistance with this.
Rules for Updating Existing Contacts
Tick Update existing contact's information to activate this option.
If you choose to update existing information where a match is found, the following rules apply;
- If the existing contact contains data in a field, and the same field being imported has no value (is blank), then the data in the existing field will be deleted. Hint: If you don't want the existing data to be deleted from these records, delete the columns from the sheet in Excel.
- If the existing contact contains data in a field, and the same field being imported also contains data, then the data in the existing field will be updated with the data being imported.
- If the existing contact contains data in a field, but the field is not included in the file being imported, then the existing data will remain unchanged.
If you do not choose to update existing information, then where a match is found the details for the existing contact will not be updated.