The following process describes how to schedule multiple events at once by importing event dates and details from a spreadsheet.
- From the main menu select Events.
- Press Tools.
- Select Import event from the drop down menu.
- Follow the process described on screen.
- Events will be imported in a draft state and be visible from the Draft tab within the Event sections.
- Approve the draft events.
The following types of events cannot be imported in to Arlo:
- Private Events
- Advanced schedule courses where the sessions do not have a consistent structure (e.g. sessions on every Monday for 4 weeks) and do not have the same presenter, and venue and room for each session. For these events it is best to create the event in the new event wizard.
- Events that are managed by an external provider.
- Online Activities
Default event information from the event template, if set up, will be copied to the events you set up, where not specified in the import. For example, room set up and catering information used on events already scheduled from a template will be copied to the new events created in the import. Also see Event Presets to learn about easily creating default settings to make scheduling your events faster and easier.
Importer Field Information and Requirements
- CourseSchedule * Options: Basic (previously called Workshop), Advanced (previous called Multi-session)
- CourseCode The specific event code that you wish to display. If no Event Code is entered, the default naming convention will apply; e.g. TEST-001, TEST-002, TEST-003, etc.
- StartDate* e.g. 2-Jan-2011 Read how to format dates...
- EndDate*1, e.g. 2-Jan-2011
- StartTime* e.g. 9:00 pm
- EndTime* e.g. 9:00 pm
- SessionDays*2 Notes: Three characters (e.g. Tue), separate multiple days with commas and no spaces (e.g. Tue,Wed,Thu)
- VenueName* Notes: Venue must already exist in Arlo.
- RegistrationMethod* Options: OrderProcess, QuickRegistration, OrderProcess, QuickRegistration, CustomURL, CustomMessage
- DisplayOnWebsite Options: True, False. Default is True if column not included
*2 only required for 'Advanced' events (CourseSchedule)
Arlo importers all accept the date format d-mmm-yyyy, e.g. 17-Apr-2014. If the dates in your data are not in this format, the data may not be imported.
To change the format to d-mmm-yyyy:
- Open the spreadsheet you're planning to import.
- Highlight all dates in the spreadsheet, being careful not to highlight the headings.
- Right click on your mouse and select Format Cells.
- From the Category section, select Custom.
- In the Type box, type 'd-mmm-yyyy'.
- Press OK.
Other articles that may be helpful: