For organisations using Arlo to manage a private programme (e.g. for a private Government training contract, internal staff training project), Arlo allows you secure events so that only individuals with a username and password are able to view and register themselves on events.
There are two security options:
- Username-based Authentication - Requires a username/password
These solutions require custom development to implement. If you are interested in using one of these solutions, contact Arlo Support.
An alternative solution is to lock down the Arlo checkout using the Arlo Customer Portal so that users must be logged in to register.
- Users access the platform from work (or home) through a web browser and by entering a username/password.
- User details can be added via Arlo's Auth API or uploaded into the platform using the contact importer tool. When a new user is created as part of the process, they receive an account activation email.
IP based security
- Users access the platform from work (or another trusted network) through a web browser. They do not need to enter a username/password.
- Users can also access the platform from home (untrusted network) through a web browser and by entering a username/password.