For organisations using Arlo to manage a private programme (e.g. for a private Government training contract, internal staff training project), Arlo allows you secure the Event Portal (website) so that only individuals with a username and password are able to view and register themselves on events.
There are two security options for the Event Portal. Both options have been designed to be easy to configure and manage enabling the platform to be quickly setup for a one-off training project or as a longer term training contracts.
- Username-based Authentication - requires a username/password
IP Based Security - Does do NOT require a username/password.
Option 1. Username-Based Authentication
- Users access the platform from work (or home) through a web browser and by entering a username/password.
- User details can be added via Arlo's Auth API or uploaded into the platform using the contact importer tool. When a new user is created as part of the process, they receive an account activation email.
Option 2. IP Based Security
- Users access the platform from work (or another trusted network) through a web browser. They do not need to enter a username/password.
- Users can also access the platform from home (untrusted network) through a web browser and by entering a username/password.