For organisations using Arlo to manage a private programme (e.g. for a private Government training contract, internal staff training project), Arlo allows you secure the Event Portal (website) so that only individuals with a username and password are able to view and register themselves on events.
There are two security options for the Event Portal.
- Username-based Authentication - Requires a username/password
These solutions do require custom development to implement. If you are interested in using one of these solutions, contact Arlo Support.
- Users access the platform from work (or home) through a web browser and by entering a username/password.
- User details can be added via Arlo's Auth API or uploaded into the platform using the contact importer tool. When a new user is created as part of the process, they receive an account activation email.
IP based security
- Users access the platform from work (or another trusted network) through a web browser. They do not need to enter a username/password.
- Users can also access the platform from home (untrusted network) through a web browser and by entering a username/password.