In this article
The following article outlines how to change and reset an administrator or presenters username and password.
- Set up a new password
- Change an existing password
- Reset an existing password
- Change a username
- Reset an existing username
Set up a new password
You must be logged in as an Administrator to perform this task. If a contact has not yet activated their account the following message will be displayed on their Home tab.
To set up a password you can either;
- Click Activate now and you will be able to enter a password for the contact yourself.
- Click Resend activation email and the system will send the contact an email with instructions on setting up their password.
Change an existing password
- Open the Settings menu.
- Click Users.
- Select a user from the list.
- From the toolbar menu, press Change Password.
- Enter the new password twice.
- Press Save.
- Open your Arlo login page.
- Enter your email address in the Username field.
- Click on the Forgot your password? link.
- Enter your email address.
- Press Send Email.
- Click Reset my account password link in the email. You will be taken to the Reset Password page to enter your new password.
- Enter the new password (twice).
- Press Save Password.
- Click Login now.
Change a username
Note: Changing a contact's email address will not automatically update their username. You will need to do this by following the steps below.
- Open the Contacts menu.
- Open the contact whose username you would like to edit.
- Press Edit.
- Select the Security tab from the vertical menu.
- Enter a new Username.
- Press Save.
Reset an existing username
- Open your website login page.
- Click on the Forgot your username? link. You will be taken to the Forgot Login page.
- Enter your email address. If you get a message saying "We couldn't find an existing account in our system with that e-mail" then you do not have a Username assigned. Please follow the Create a new contact process.