Arlo includes the ability to create an event which is managed externally (not within Arlo), but still promoted on your website.
For example, you may want to list events on your Arlo website that are delivered by partners. When a person clicks on the event name, instead of being taken to an event page managed by Arlo, they are redirected to the event page on your partner's website.
Create an External Provider Event
The following process describes how to create an event template and date that is managed by an external provider, that will show in your event catalogue and your upcoming events page.
Note: You cannot import externally managed events, they need to be created using the below process.
- Select Events from the main menu.
- Press New Event.
- Select New public event
- Select I have not run this event before or I have run this event previously. Use details from an existing template.
- Press Next.
- Enter name, template code, and price.
- Select Add next to Event Provider.
- Enter the name of the provider.
- Choose the event schedule and where it will be delivered.
- Press Next.
- From the Hosting section, select Edit and then Hosted somewhere else.
- Enter the website URL a user will be taken to when they click the name of the event.
- Select the website category or categories the event is to be listed within (optional).
- Enter the duration.
- Enter a short description of the event in the Summary field. This will be displayed in event search results and used for search indexing.
- Fill out the other website sections as appropriate.
- Complete the remaining steps in the event wizard.
Manage External Provider Events
Follow the process below to access a list of external provider events in the management platform.
- From the main menu select Events.
- Select the Templates tab
- Press Filters, and within the Delivery group, click Externally managed. A filter will be applied to the list of templates.
Website Event Search
External provider events will appear in your website event search results.
Website Event Catalogue
Add a website event category to an external provider event and it will be displayed within the respective category on your website.
Other articles that may be helpful: