The following process describes how to create a user with API access or enable API access for an existing user. You don't need to assign a user license to an API only user. API users allow Arlo to connect to external systems but cannot be used to login to the management platform.
Note: This process applies only to users accessing the Authenticated REST API used for systems integration, and is not applicable to the Public REST API.
Create a user with API access (for Salesforce and Moodle integration)
- Select Settings from the main menu.
- Click Administrators.
- Press New Administrator.
- Enter the first name, last name, email address and ensure the user has Access to the API. They don't need to be a system administrator as API accounts cannot access the management platform.
- Press Create administrator.
- Arlo will send an account activation email. Ensure the account is activated (set username and password). These will be the credentials used to access the Arlo API.
Set a contacts record to be an integration account
- Open the user record.
- Press Edit.
- In the security section, change the Account type to Integration Account.
- Press Save and close.