The Organisation Selector is used to search for and select an organisation, e.g. selecting an organisation for an order to be billed to. The following information describes how to use the organisation selector effectively.
How to use the Organisation Selector
- Start typing the name of the organisation. The results of the search will appear as you type.
- Click on the name of the organisation you would like to select. If the organisation does not appear in the search results, click New organisation... to create a new record.
- Once you have selected the organisation, the name will appear in the box and be underlined. An underlined name means that Arlo has found an existing record.
- You can include partial spelling. For example, searching on "mit" would find "Mitre10 (Petone)".
- You can search on an Organisation code. For example, searching on "123" would find "DesignQ" if DesignQ's Organisation code was "123".
- Double-click the organisation's name to open and edit the organisation record in a new website browser window.
- Where an organisation has a common abbreviation, e.g. If the Ministry of Housing is commonly known as 'MoH', then we recommend entering the organisation name as 'Ministry of Housing (MoH)' so that anyone searching 'MoH' will find the same organisation record as a person who searches on 'Ministry of Housing' (or even just 'Ministry of H').
- When there is only one organisation that matches your search (e.g. you type "Design" and only "DesignQ" is found), Arlo will automatically select the organisation for you.