Arlo allows you to import historical event registrations from a spreadsheet without needing to create any associated events and event templates. The historical registrations importer will create event templates and historical events, which the registrations will be stored against, allowing you to report on historical data in Arlo.
The following article outlines how to access and use the historical event registration importer to create historical events and registrations in bulk.
If you need to import registrations for upcoming events, or events that already exist you should learn how to import active registrations instead.
- Read our tips and tricks for importing data.
- This importer supports creating contacts, organisations, event templates, events, and registrations from a single file.
- It supports linking contacts with existing organisations or creates new organisations if they do not already exist.
- The import file must be a CSV (comma delimited) file type. Use the Save as. feature in Microsoft Excel to save the import file in the correct file type format.
- Does not support creating orders.
- Has a default limit of 30 registrations at a time. Contact Arlo Support if you need this is be increased.
Events created as part of a historical registration import cannot be edited once created.
- Open the Events menu.
- Press More... and select Import Historical Registrations.
- Click Download the template file and fill it in with the information you would like to import. Ensure you review the columns and rules for using the importer.
- Choose the events time zone, and if you would like to archive event templates created during the import.
- Choose who should be notified when the import is complete.
- Add your completed CSV import file to the wizard by pressing Browse.
- Press Upload Event Templates to begin the import. If any errors are detected they will be displayed on-screen.
The following table provides a list of columns that can be included in your import file. The table also includes any additional rules that must be followed for an import to be successful.
- Column headings are not case sensitive.
- All fields have a maximum number of characters that they will accept. Typically this is either 63 or 127 characters.
- If an import fails with an 'Inner Exception' error, look for a field in your import file that exceeds this character limit then edit it down.
|FirstName||Yes||Single line of text||Mandatory field|
|LastName||Yes||Single line of text||Mandatory field|
|EmailAddress||Yes||Valid email address||Mandatory field|
|OrganisationName||No||Single line of text|
|ContactCode||No||Single line of text|
|EventName||Yes||Single line of text||
|EventCode||Yes||Single line of text||Mandatory field|
|StartDate||Yes||Date format: d-mmm-yyyy||
Mandatory field e.g. "1-Mar-2011". Learn how to format dates.
|StartTime||No||h:mm pm/am||e.g. 9:00 am|
|EndDate||No||Date format: d-mmm-yyyy||e.g. "1-Mar-2012"|
|EndTime||No||h:mm pm/am||e.g. 5:00 pm|
|TemplateSummary||No||Multiple lines of text||Field does not support HTML tags.|
|TemplateDescription||No||Multiple lines of text||Supports HTML tags.|
|TemplateCode||No||Single line of text||If the template code already exists in your Arlo platform, the event date will link to this template.|
|VenueName||Yes||Single line of text||Mandatory field. Will create a new venue if one doesn't exist|
|Delivery||No||Standard, LiveOnline, or blank.||“Standard” refers to an event delivered at a venue. “LiveOnline” is delivered using web conferencing. Where the value is left blank, “Standard” will be used.|
|City||Yes||Single line of text||When importing a new contact and a new venue the City field will be added to both.
If the venue already exists but a contact doesn't, only the contact will have the city added.
If both already exist the city will be ignored (the field is still required though).
|Registration code||No||Single line of text|
|Attendance||No||Attended, DidNotAttend, or blank|
|Result||No||Pass, Fail, or blank|
|Grade||No||Single line of text|
|Comments||No||Multiple lines of text||Field does not support HTML tags|
|RegistrationDate||No||Date format: d-mmm-yyyy||The date the registration was created. Date can be historical.|
|PurchaseOrder||No||Single line of text|