The following article describes how to create a voucher for a contact or organisation to redeem when creating an order.
- Enter the contact you would like to issue the voucher to in the Voucher contact field.
- If you would like to issue the voucher to an entire organisation, select the organisation you are issuing the voucher to.
- If you would only like to issue the voucher to the contact, select Issue to voucher contact.
- If you wish to enter your own voucher code for the contact to enter, in the Code section, click Edit, otherwise Arlo will automatically generate a new voucher code.
- Enter the fixed value for the voucher, e.g. 1000. This is the maximum amount that can be redeemed when using the voucher.
If you have a platform with regions you should select the region the voucher is to be used in by selecting the region from the drop-down. This will then display the correct currency next to the Value field.
- Tick Order must be billed to whom the voucher is issued to if you would only like the voucher issuer to be able to use it on orders that they are the associated billing contact for.
The voucher will not work in the checkout unless the voucher holder's first name, last name and email address are used in the Bill To section.
- If the voucher is only to be used for a single registration, select Can only be redeemed for a single registration. Once the voucher has been applied to an order, any remaining voucher credit cannot be used.
- Tick Create an order for the purchase of this voucher if you are charging the contact for the voucher. You will be directed to the new order screen with the voucher details once you save the voucher.
- Enter a date that the voucher is valid from. It cannot be used before this date.
- Choose from the Valid to options: Never expires, Expires after time period or specify date. The voucher cannot be used after this date, regardless of it has a remaining balance.
- Choose the timezone of the recipient so that the validity period of the voucher matches their time.
- Press Create voucher.
The following process describes how to edit the order for a voucher, ensuring that tax is only applied once to the voucher transactions.
- On the voucher order screen, press the notepad icon.
- Change the tax rate to Tax free.
If you do not have a 0% (tax free) tax rate on your platform, contact Arlo Support who can enable this for you.
- Ensure that the total order amount is equal to the voucher amount that you are going to be issuing.
- Press Save.
When a voucher is used for registrations, the voucher holder will be charged tax on their purchase. Using the tax free rate when the voucher is sold ensures that tax is only charged once to the voucher balance transactions.
If you need assistance with this process please contact Arlo Support.