In this article
The following instructions describe how to import a data list and manage member discounts using it.
- Create your data list in Arlo
- Add a membership field to your registration form
- Set up your discount
Arlo allows you to import a list of membership numbers so that you can create a discount that will apply automatically when a registrant enters a membership number contained in that list.
If you need to remove members from the list, you can also update existing lists using the data list importer.
Create your data list in Arlo
- Open the Settings main menu.
- Select Data Lists.
- Press Import Data List.
- Press Download the template file.
- Copy in your membership list that you want the discounts to apply to.
Note: The Name column contains the value that will be checked against the membership number on the registration form. Enter the name of the member in the Description column.
- Save the file to your computer as a CSV (Comma Delimited) file.
- In Step 2 of the import wizard, select New Data List and enter a name and description for the data list.
- In Step 4 of the import wizard, import the file you have saved to your computer.
- Press Upload List.
- Press Complete the Import.
- Once uploaded, check the details are correct and press Save.
Add a membership field to your registration form
Membership number discounts are matched on the contact code registration fields.
- Enable the contact code or contact code 2 field on your platform.
- Rename the field so that you can use it on your website e.g. 'Membership Number'
- Add the contact code (Membership Number) field to your website registration forms.
Note: Ensure you do not mark the Contact code/Membership ID field as required, otherwise non-members who leave the field blank will not be able to register.
- When somebody registers and enters their membership ID during the registration process, Arlo will match it to the number in the data list you have imported and apply the discount to the registration automatically.
Set up your discount
- Open the Discounts menu.
- Press New discount.
- Enter the Name and Description settings.
- Select Apply this discount to individual registrations.
- Select the Discount Priority.
- Select how much the discount should deduct in the Calculation settings.
- From the Criteria section, select Apply the discount automatically when specific criteria are met.
- In the Registration section, select Value in contact field exists in.
- Select your field (e.g. Membership ID) and the data list you imported that contains the field value you want to be used for the discount to be applied.
Note: Each discount can only refer to one data list, so ensure you only have one membership list that each discount applies to. E.g. if you have two different memberships (Silver and Gold), you should have one membership list for each.
- Complete Website settings.
- Complete the Availability settings.
- Complete the Accounting settings.
- Complete the Event settings.
- Press Save.