Arlo allows you to import a list of membership numbers so that you can create a discount that will apply automatically when a registrant enters a membership number contained in that list. The following instructions describe how to import a data list and manage member discounts using it.
Step 1: Import a Data List
- Select Settings from the main menu.
- Select Data Lists. You will be taken to the Data Lists page.
- Press Import Data List.
- Download and complete the template file with your membership details.
- Press Download the template file.
- Copy in your membership list that you want the discounts to apply to. Note: The 'Name' column is the membership number that will be checked against the membership number on the registration form. Enter the name of the member in the Description column.
- Save the file to your computer as a CSV (Comma Delimited) file.
- In Step 2 of the import wizard, select New Data List and enter a name and description for the data list.
- In Step 4 of the import wizard, import the file you have saved to your computer.
- Press Upload List.
- Press Complete the Import.
- Once uploaded, check the details are correct and press Save.
Note: If you need to remove members from the list, you can update existing lists using the data list importer.
Step 2: Add the Membership ID field to your Registration Forms
Membership number discounts are matched on the Contact code registration field. Contact Arlo Support to rename this field (e.g. Membership ID).
- Follow the instructions to add the Contact code field to your registration forms in Customise your website registration form. Note: Ensure you do not mark the Contact code/Membership ID field as required, otherwise non members who leave the field blank will not be able to register.
Step 3: Create a Membership Discount
- From the Orders menu, select Discounts.
- Press New Discount.
- Enter the details and criteria of the new discount.
- Enter a 'Name' and 'Description' for the discount.
- In the 'Type' section, select 'individual registrations'.
- In the 'Calculation' section, enter the amount of the membership discount.
- In the 'Criteria' section:
- Select 'Apply the discount automatically when specific criteria are met.'
- Tick 'Value in contact field [ ] exists in [ ]'.
- Complete the 'Website,' 'Availability,' 'Accounting,' and 'Events' sections of the new discount wizard.
- Press Save.
Note: Each discount can only refer to one data list, so ensure you only have one membership list that each discount applies to. E.g. if you have two different memberships (Silver and Gold), you should only have one membership list for each.
Other articles that may be helpful: