Arlo offers PayPal integration as an alternative to the traditional Payment Express Gateway and Merchant account option.
The following instructions describe the process to set up your PayPal service and connect it with Arlo to take credit card payments.
- You cannot have both Payment Express or ANZ eGate, and PayPal integration enabled on your Arlo platform.
- Your PayPal account must be the Express Checkout option for the integration to work.
Integration Overview (Payment Process)
- User registers for a course and completes all checkout steps.
- User will be redirected to PayPal hosted page where they can choose to pay by a credit card (can be used if they do not have an account with PayPal), or they can choose to use funds from their PayPal account or take the money from a credit card stored on their account.
- If they choose to use their PayPal account, user enters details or logs in to PayPal.
- PayPal payment confirmation page appears where the user can confirm payment or cancel.
- If user confirms payment, they will be redirected back to Arlo.
- Arlo charges the user.
- Confirmation page will be shown with success message if the charge is accepted. If the charge is not accepted, the message "Credit card transaction failed....” will be shown.
See Transaction Pricing on PayPal's website for an overview of their transaction fees.
Important: Arlo cannot integrate with any other PayPal solution than Express Checkout.
- Contact Arlo Support to have PayPal integration enabled.
- Set up a PayPal account:
- Open PayPals Express Checkout page.
- Press Get Started Today.
- Enter your email address.
- Enter your details and press Agree and Continue.
- Enter your business details.
- Enter your ID details.
- On the On your website section select Option A, and click Get your API credentials.
- Press request API credentials.
- Select Request API signature and press Agree and Submit.
- The 'Signature Set' of credentials in your PayPal account will be displayed. Important: DO NOT LEAVE THIS PAGE. You will need these details to be loaded into Arlo. If you do need to leave the page, copy and paste all of these details below and save them in a secure place.
- In Arlo, Select Settings from the main menu.
Note: if you cannot see these settings, PayPal integration has not been enabled, see Step 1 of Setup above.
- Select PayPal.
- From the PayPal integration section, select Enabled.
- Enter your API credentials 'Signature Set'. Read how to find these credentials if you have not gone them as per the instructions above (Follow steps 1-6 in the Create and Manage Certificate Credentials section).
- From the Tax invoice section, select Send tax invoice for PayPal payments. if you wish Arlo to send tax invoices for PayPal payments (recommended).
- Press Save.
- We recommend creating a test payment and refund from the website using the PayPal option. Contact Arlo Support for support with this process.
Email from PayPal: IPNs Failing
After setting up, you may get an email from Paypal (see below example) warning you that IPNs (Instant Payment Notifications) may be disabled.
Arlo does not currently support PayPal IPNs.
You may like to advise PayPal that IPN functionality is not currently supported by Arlo. They may disable the IPNs without consequence.