The following article covers the details you need to check before your platform is ready to launch.
Configure your Platform
Check that communication is turned on and working.
- Test 1: Forward an email to your company email address from the Communication log and check it arrives in your inbox.
- Test 2: Forward an email to your personal email address (e.g. gmail, hotmail) from the Communication log and check it arrives in your personal inbox.
- Possible issues: a) Communication has not been enabled or b) Your domain SPF records need to be updated by your IT manager.
- Ensure you have configured your platform.
- Ensure you have have completed the platform settings (this includes details such as payment options and communication settings) tab on your project plan and emailed Arlo Support and to load. You should have also receive an email reply advising that this is complete.
- Test: Check order payment methods, messages, and communication details.
- Check custom fields have been set up if applicable.
- Check Newsletter settings are configured if applicable.
Set up your Registration Forms
- Learn about website registration forms.
- Test: Register for an event on your website and check the correct fields are displayed, are in the right order, and fields that must be completed are mandatory.
If you don't make sure your registration forms include all needed fields, you will not be collecting the information from your registrants that you may been for reporting purposes. Note also that registration forms can be different from the platform default per template or per event. We recommend using the platform default wherever possible.
Set up Integration with your Website
- Test: Check your Arlo/Events website looks good and is working correctly.
- Test: Test the integration by completing a test registration as if you were a registrant.
- Test: Is your preferred checkout option implemented?
- Test: Make changes to an event (e.g adjust the event title) to confirm changes on the Arlo management platform are reflected on your website.
- The Arlo Wordpress plugin syncs automatically every 30 - 70 minutes, you will need to complete a manual sync to see changes immediately.
- Test: Check that you can find your events and see all details updated from Arlo. If you're unsure, talk to your website developer and if there are still any questions, contact Arlo support and/or your Arlo account manager.
Integrations completed by the Arlo Web Team are tested as part of the integration. Testing is not required for customers who do not have a website theme created either by Arlo or a web designer. If you are using our website starter template option, you do not need to check the website theme, though you will need to edit the content on your template pages.
Check website categories are set up and events are correctly categorised.
This is important so that your customers can find your events that relate to them. This does not apply to all website integrations e.g categories may not be required or only used within the management platform.
Important: If the functionality of a website integration does not meet your organisations' requirements, this should not be considered as a fault with the integration. Website integration technology should be tested thoroughly prior to development and implementation.
Additional development and investigations for requests outside the scope of the selected website integration technology will incur additional charges.
Set up Payment Options
Check credit card service is set up and working correctly.
If you do not test your credit card service is working correctly then you may have customers calling to complain that they can't register.
Import your Existing Data
- Check your clients (organisations) have been imported to support the "bill to" auto-suggest feature on your website which helps prevent duplicates.
- Check that all necessary data from your previous system has been imported in to Arlo, including contacts, organisations, and current and historical registrations.
Integrate your Business Apps
Check accounting settings (if you export orders from Arlo to your accounting system).
- Check that account codes are set up (optional).
- For Xero customers: Check Xero integration is enabled and tracking codes are configured (optional).
Not critical for smaller organisations unless you are using Xero. Be sure to set up Xero integration before launch so all of your orders will export automatically.
- Check Campaign Monitor integration has been configured.
- Check Google Analytics has been set up on your website. Advanced options: Google ecommerce tracking and Google Analytics Goals.
- Check that your custom website address has been set up e.g. http://events.<yourdomain>
- Links to "Contact us", "Idea for new courses/topic", and "Private course enquiry" (leads) are included on your website.
Create and check your Business Processes
Managing bounced emails.
- Test: Forward an email from your Communication log to an invalid address (e.g. email@example.com) and check you receive the bounced email notification.
- Possible issues: Your gateway is blocking notifications.
If you do not get bounced emails, you won't know that the registrant hasn't got their event information or invoice if it was bounced. Please note that depending on how your customers' email server security is set up, sometimes bounce notifications will not be sent.
Managing communication sent to contacts who do not have an email address.
Not critical, most people have email addresses now.
Managing orders that require attention.
- Check you and any other Arlo admins in your organisation:
- Have read through the Arlo tips and tricks.
- Can search our online help and submit a support request if you cannot find what you need.
- Have looked at our new feature requests forum and can submit an idea for a new feature and vote on existing ideas.