The following article outlines a list of tasks that we recommend you complete before going live with your Arlo Platform so that you are ready to launch.
In this Article
- Complete your Platform Configuration
- Test Registration Forms
- Test Payments, Refunds, and Communication
- Configure SPF Records
- Set up Support Account
- Log in to Arlo for Mobile
Complete your Platform Configuration
Your platform settings must be in place to ensure that the communication Arlo sends is correct and that your registration and order workflows have been configured to meet your requirements.
Test Registration Forms
We recommend testing your registration forms for an event to ensure that they include all of the information you need to capture from your registrants.
- From the main menu, select Events.
- Click on an event in the list.
- Click Registration Link. The registration form for the event will open.
- Make sure that the registration fields you would expect to see on the form are all being displayed. Note: You do not need to submit a registration, and can exit the window once you have checked the form. If you progress to the checkout stage, you should clear your checkout by pressing cancel.
- We recommend completing this process for a paid event, and a free event (if you have any), as these may be using different registration forms.
If your registration forms are not being displayed as expected, check that you have correctly configured your registration forms.
Test Payments and Refunds and Communication
We recommend submitting a test order on your platform to ensure that your Credit Card Gateway is working as intended, your order settings are in place correctly, and Arlo communication is working.
- From the main menu, select Events.
- Click New Order.
- In the Order Contact field, enter Platform Administrator. This is an Arlo Contact.
- Select Private Purchase.
- In the Billing Address section, add some test information. Note: An alert will be displayed to save the billing address details. Press Yes.
- Select Credit Card (Online) as the payment method.
- Press Add Custom Line.
- Enter Test as the description, and the amount as a few cents e.g. $0.03 (as you will be testing a payment).
- Press Save, and Press Enter Credit Card Details.
- Enter your Credit Card Details.
- Check that the Order has been marked as Paid. This means your payment integration is working.
- In the Make a Refund section select Full Refund.
- Ensure Execute Refund Now is ticked and press Create Credit Note.
- The refund will be processed automatically (back on to the credit card that was used to make the test payment).
- You can view communication sent in the communication log.
Configure your SPF Records
- Navigate to https://mxtoolbox.com/spf.aspx.
- On this page, enter your email domain name to be checked in the Domain Name field and click SPF Record Lookup.
- If you have no record, no further action is required. If you do have a record, learn how to configure your SPF record to allow Arlo to send from your domain.
Arlo has a comprehensive Help Center which you can use to find details on how to use Arlo.
You can also view and create support tickets online so these don't get lost in your inbox and you can track the status of each. You will need to create a new login specifically for Arlo Online Help.
Your Arlo platform login will not work on this site.
Log into Arlo for Mobile
Clear your Test Data
We understand that testing Arlo is an important part of the implementation process. Once you are done testing, prior to launch contact Arlo Support to perform a clean sweep of the data in your platform.
Note: If you have already started loading in live data, we do not recommend doing this, or the data will need to be entered again. This is because we cannot selectively delete data (e.g deleting only certain orders or registrations). Instead, we recommend archiving or cancelling items not required on the platform.
Arlo allows you to import data on a range of entities, directly from a CSV file. Importing allows you to easily migrate new information in to Arlo from external systems, or update existing information already in Arlo.
Load your Certificate/Label Templates
Arlo allows you to create and send certificates with optional fields for information such as course information and grades. The following instructions show you how to create and save a certificate template.
You can also create name labels for attendees to wear at an event. You can create the label design using Microsoft Word which enables you to customise the layout, fonts and colours, add images, and create designs for an extensive range of formats and label types.
Connect your Integrations
Arlo integrates with a number of popular applications to keep your information synchronised between Arlo and your different business systems. Where Arlo does not currently integrate with a system you use, you can import and export data within Arlo to keep the information up-to-date.