Arlo allows you to report on your data in a number of ways; including views, filters, exports, and structured reports. The following article provides generic instructions for our handy report management features, such as creating custom favourite reports and scheduled reports.
Arlo's advanced reports have advanced filtering options where you can include custom information in the report and then group and further analyse in Excel. Like Arlo's standard reports, you can also save these reports as favourites and schedule them.
When you open an advanced report, all available settings will show.
- Click Add condition, or Remove (on the far right) to add and remove conditions. Enter conditions which all must be met in the ALL section (if any). Only records which meet all conditions you have selected within this section will be displayed.
- Enter a range of conditions where at least one must be met in the ANY section (if any). Records must meet at least one of these conditions to be displayed.
- Select the fields to include in the report results. As you start typing, the field list will be filtered.
- Select the fields you would like by clicking the field name, or pressing scrolling to the field using the arrow keys and pressing Enter.
- Repeat this process until you have added all the fields you need.
- Choose the order of the fields on your report output by dragging them into the correct position.
- Choose how you would like the report results sorted using the dropdowns. You can add, and remove sort fields as needed.
- Choose the format in which you would like to export your report and time zone options.
Dates in an XLSX file will be provided using a date format. Dates in CSV formats will not.
- To preview results, press Preview.
- You can expand the column sizes as needed in the preview view, by dragging them into your desired width.
When you open a report, only the basic settings/options will show. Standard reports can be exported as either PDF and XLS formats and are formatted in a way that is easy to read.
- Click More options or press Report settings to display all filters, columns, and other settings.
- If necessary, filter the report by certain conditions (exclude results except for those meeting the criteria).
- Select the columns you want to be displayed in the report.
- Then choose how you'd like the report to be grouped and sorted (if applicable).
Create multiple favourite/custom reports to easily get the data you need without having to set the report up each time or having to change the report's default settings for others. Favourite reports can also be scheduled.
Saving a report as a favourite will save the settings exactly as selected to produce custom reports that you can:
- Easily access the report from the favourite reports list.
- Schedule to be sent to contacts outside of Arlo (Arlo Enterprise plan only).
- Store multiple custom version of the standard report. Each favourite report will be its own 'version' of one of the standard reports):
Saving a default report will mean:
- The settings will be saved for each time the report is opened from the reports list (for all users and courses accessing this report in the future).
- Reports that can be run from other areas in the platform will use these default settings. For example, the Attendance Register report that you can run from the course homepage or scheduled to be sent to the presenter will use the report's default settings.
Default report settings is only available on standard reports. You cannot set the default settings on advanced reports.
When to use default report settings
- Reports always need to include the same settings,
- Where reports such as the Course Registrants and Attendance Register are sent from other areas within the system need certain settings.
You cannot save default settings on advanced report/exports.
How to save default settings for a report
- Open the Reports menu.
- From the All Reports list, open the report you would like to save (open the one that gives you the data you need).
- Select the settings that will give you the information you need for this report.
- Press Save as Default.
- On the warning that pops up, press Save as Default.
Arlo allows you to schedule favourite reports to be automatically sent on a regular basis to any email address(es), saving you time and ensuring the right people have the information they need. Learn how to schedule automated reports.
Often you will need to print multiple reports at one time. For example, you may need to print all the Course Registrants reports or Attendance Register reports for courses starting on a particular day or for a specific week. Rather than having to print of each individual report, you can run a bulk report.
The bulk report feature is only available on some reports.
- Open the Reports menu.
- Select the report you would like to run, e.g. Course Registrants.
- Select the Bulk report tab.
- Select date range for the start date of the courses you wish to report on. For example, select today's date and the same day next week to produce a list of all the courses starting within the next seven days.
- Select other fields you would like to filter the report on, e.g. course template, venue, or presenter
- Press Search. A list of all courses which are due to start in the period selected and which meet your requirements will be displayed.
- Select the courses you would like included in the report by ticking the relevant row. You can select all items by ticking the first box at the top of the list.
- Press Export PDF to produce the report in a printable PDF format or press Export Excel to produce the report in a format which can be opened in Microsoft Excel.
Arlo's generic reports are able to meet most reporting needs by choosing different settings. However, from time to time, you may need more advanced reports and information specific to your organisation. You may also need to import data from Arlo into another system.
In this case, you can export your raw data to Excel to create advanced reports of your own.