The following article outlines how to remove messy HTML to ensure your course page content is styled consistently, e.g. format, size, font etc.
Sometimes when copying and pasting text from an external source into Arlo, you can also bring over incorrect formatting (font styles, font sizes, etc).
Remove messy HTML
- Open the website content you would like to edit, e.g. event page.
- In the field containing the content, you would like to replace (e.g. Description field), press Ctrl+A to select all content.
- Press Remove Formatting.
- Press Clean up Messy Code.
- If required, apply correct formatting using the tools in the toolbar, e.g. apply heading styles, bulleted lists etc.
- Press Save.
If the process above does not remove all the problems, then:
- Delete existing content
- Open the object you would like to edit.
- Press Edit.
- In the field containing the content you would like to replace (e.g. Description field), press Ctrl+A to select all content.
- Press Delete. Note: this will remove all content from the field including bad HTML code that may not be visible.
- Remove formatting using Notepad
- Open Microsoft Windows Notepad application or something similar.
- Copy your original content (e.g. content from Word) into the notepad. Note: Notepad will remove all formatting.
- Copy the unformatted content from Notepad into Arlo
- In Notepad, press Crtl+A to select all content.
- Press Crtl+C to copy the content to your clipboard.
- In Arlo, select the field you would like to copy the content into (e.g. Description field).
- Press Crtl+V to paste the content into Arlo.
- Apply formatting
- In Arlo, use the tools in the toolbar (e.g. heading styles, bullet points) to apply formatting.
- Press Save.