You can enable and assign professional development (PD) points and hours to individual courses and course templates and Arlo keeps a record of the number of points and hours accumulated by each contact who has completed those courses. This information can then be included on certificates to attendees.
The total PD points a contact has earned (from completed courses) is displayed on the contact's home page.
Points to note about PD points and hours in Arlo:
- PD points and hours are linked to the completion status of the registration, not the attendance or grade. This means that even if the attendance or grade is not marked, the PD points are still assigned to the contact.
- PD points and hours do not expire in Arlo.
- Open the Settings menu item.
- From the Courses section, select Courses.
- In the General section, for the Professional development settings, select whether you would like to record professional development points or hours, or both.
- Press Save.
If you would like either of the fields to be renamed, contact Arlo Support.
- Find and open the template or course you would like to add PD points or hours information to.
- Select the General tab.
- In the Professional development section, click Add to enter the PD information.
- Press Save or Save and close.
The following instructions describe how to view each course and its PD points or hours, or each course template and its default DP points or hours.
- Open the Courses or Templates menu item.
- Select the CPD view. The view will change to show you a list of templates or courses with a column for each's PD points/hours.
If you cannot see the CPD view, you will need to enable the view.
PD points and PD hours information on courses can be included as output fields in the following reports.
PD points and PD hours information on registrations can be included as output fields in the following reports.
For exports and eLearning reports, you will need to use the Credits 1 and Credits 2 fields in place of PD points/hours.
- PD Points = Credits 1
- PD Hours = Credits 2