The following information describes how to create and manage tasks. Tasks can be associated with events, online activities, contacts, organisations, leads, and campaigns. Once a task has been created you can view it on the specific entity it has been created against e.g. an event, or contact. You can also view completed tasks with the tasks view filters.
Create a Task
- Open the record (event, contact, organisation...) you would like to create a task for.
- Press New Task from the toolbar. Note: If the Task option is not visible in the toolbar, it will be available in the New menu (pictured below).
- Select a due date.
Note: For event tasks, you can set the due date of the task relative to the event start or end date.
- Select a task category or enter a subject. Note: Read how to Edit tasks categories in the section below.
- Assign the task to someone else who will then be notified (optional).
Notification Email Example:
- Make the task private by deselecting '[ ] Let everyone see this task'.
- Select a priority on the task (optional).
High and Low priority tasks are highlighted in the tasks list with an additional icon (exclamation mark or down arrow).
Mark a Task as Completed
To mark a task as completed, tick the checkbox.
The text will be crossed out, indicating that the task has been completed.
To see tasks that have been completed (on a specific entity):
- Open the entity you wish to see all tasks for, e.g. an event
- If no tasks are showing, press Task or select the Tasks tab (for events).
- From the tasks status dropdown, select Completed.
Manage your Tasks
View a summary of your tasks on the Dashboard.
Manage all your tasks within the My Tasks section (select My Tasks from the Activities menu).
- At a glance, see how many tasks you have overdue, due this week, due next week.
- Search for a task.
- Filter the list of tasks, e.g. only display tasks for a specific category such as Book accommodation, or view all unassigned tasks.
- Create new tasks, edit existing tasks, and mark tasks as completed.
Edit Tasks Categories
- From main menu select Settings.
- Select Task categories.
- Add a new option by pressing Add Item. Enter the name of the new option. Click Save.
- Delete an option by clicking on the option in the list. Click Delete.
- Rename an option by either double-clicking the option in the list or clicking Edit. Click Save.
- Reorder options to change the order they appear in the dropdown list when selecting a task category. For example, you might want to reorder items so commonly used options appear at the top of the list. To do this, click on the item in the list and drag it to the new location.