Arlo allows you to record how a person found out about your organisation by storing this information in the Referred by field on a contact. You can also add the field to your website registration process for people to complete when they register for an event.
Note: Read how to use the Source field on an order to record where orders originated from.
Manage 'Referred by' Options
- The following link will take you to the setting in your platform to update the options in the referred by drop-down box.
Note: In this link - replace the <PlatformName> with your platform name. This can be found in the URL of your management platform.
Edit 'Referred by' on a Contact
- Open the contact you would like to edit.
- Press Edit from the toolbar.
- Select Marketing from the vertical tabs.
- Select one of the Referred by options.
- Press Save.
Add 'Referred by' Option to your Website Registration Form
Read how to add fields to your website registration forms.
Report on 'Referred by'
Export a List of Contacts filtered by 'Referred by' Field
- From the main menu select Contacts.
- Select Contacts tab.
- Press Filters and select Referred by...
- Select the options you would like to filter on.
- Press Apply referred by filters. The list of contacts will be updated so that only contacts that match your filter will be displayed.
- Press Export and select Export all contact information from the menu to download the list of contacts.
Export Contact List with 'Referred by' Field
- Select Contacts from the main menu.
- Press Export and select Export all contact information from the menu.