You can book out a room/presenter's availability in your calendar for internal use by creating a private event, with the event being the room or presenter.
Note: This will not prevent you from using this room or presenter for another event.
The following process describes how to use the add event feature to book out availability for a room in the calendar.
- From the main menu select Events.
- Press New Event.
- Complete the details on the General step.
Hint: You can use the Advanced schedule option to schedule the room booking event for, e.g. every weekday for a period of time.
- Complete the details on the Website step. Note: You can choose whether you would like to display the event template on the website. By displaying the event template on the website, you will be able to use the link to book the room through a website registration form. Only people who know the website URL will be able to access the page. The event will not be promoted in any other part of your site (e.g upcoming list, event catalogue). Google and other search engines will also not index the page, so it will not appear in search results.
- Complete the details on the Schedule step.
- By selecting the advanced schedule in the General step, you can now add multiple or recurring sessions.
- Complete the details on the Registrations step, setting the maximum registrations to 1.
- Read how to add and remove fields on the registration form.
- Read about the different registration methods.
- Complete the details on the Communication step.
- Press Schedule Event. You can now book the room/presenter by registering for the event.
Other articles that may be helpful: