In this article
Arlo has a powerful discounts feature that allows you to add multiple price points to your event(s). The following article explains the type of discounts that are possible in Arlo, and information on how to set them up.
- Feature overview (including video)
- Create discounts (includes discount settings)
- Manage discounts
- Find and report on discounts
- Discount FAQ and troubleshooting
Discounts are available on all Arlo service plans.
In this article:
- Setup a Discount
- Discount Types
- Report on Discounts Provided
- Discount Priorities
- Tiered Discounts
- Delete a Discount
- Accounting Settings
Important: Discounts are not yet supported on Multi-Session Events for Individual Session/option amounts. They will only reduce the main registration price.
The following is a list of common kinds of discounts. If you need help to create a discount, please Contact Arlo Support for assistance.
- Promotional Code discounting is where you set up a discount that requires a promotional code the registrant needs to enter to receive the discount.
- Early-Bird, e.g. discount for bookings made 60 days prior to the event start date. Read more...
- Last Minute, e.g. discount for bookings made within 48 hours of the start date where places are still available.
- Timed, e.g. discount for all registrations made on Boxing day.
- Email domain, e.g. discount for employees at a company based on their email address (e.g. if their email ends with @companydomain.com)
- Membership, e.g. discount for all current members, based on a maintained member list in Arlo.
- Key client, e.g. a specific client receives a special discount off all events.
- Age based, e.g. discount for registrants over the age of 60.
- Postcode, e.g. discount applied where customer lives in a specific postcode
- Custom field, i.e. Any custom field on a contact that is a yes/no question or a single checkbox. Read more...
- Multi registration, e.g. discount on orders containing 2 or more registrations.
- Multi registration on a specific event, e.g. discount for 2 or more registrations on a specific event. Read more...
- Order value, e.g. discount where the value of an order exceeds $1000.00
- Checkbox, e.g a discount that you tick to enable a discount "tick this box if you are a member of ____" with a single checkbox field. If ticked, it will apply the discount.
- Yes/No, e.g a discount that asks "are you a member of ______?" with a yes or no response field. If yes, the discount will be applied. If no, the discount will not be applied.
- Manage membership discounts using data lists. Import a list of membership numbers and set up a discount that checks against this list for membership numbers. Read more...
- Offer discounts via a custom field checkbox selection on your registration forms or on a contacts record. e.g. 'I am a subscriber' equals 'True' on a contacts record. Read more...
- In the report settings, filter the report on your membership discount, so that the report will only include this discount.
- Save the report as a favourite so it is fast and easy to run when you need it.
- Schedule the favourite report to be sent to yourself of someone else automatically.
Discounts can be combined so that an order can include more than one discount. Choose this option by ticking Can be combined with other discounts within the Availability section.
If a discount cannot be combined with another discount (i.e. Can be combined with another discount is unchecked), where an order is eligible for one of more discounts, the system will use the Priority setting to determine which discount will be applied.
- A lower number has higher priority, e.g. a discount with Priority = 1 will be applied if the other discount(s) are Priority 2 or higher.
- Ensure discounts are prioritised in order of the level of discount offered, e.g. if Discount A is for 10% and other Discount B is for 20%, Discount A should have a lower priority (higher priority number) than Discount B.
Arlo allows you to set up tiered discounts. For example,
- Discount A (15%), 2 or more registrants on an order
- Discount B (20%), 3 or more registrants on an order
- Discount C (30%), 4 or more registrants on an order
- Discounts are prioritised in order of the level of discount offered, e.g. Discount A should have lower priority (higher priority number) than both Discount B and Discount C.
- Option Can be combined with another discount is not ticked.
Arlo offers two options for how discounts appear in your orders.
- The default option is for the registration line to be reduced. This means that if there is one line on the order/invoice (e.g. one event registration), the dollar amount of that line will be reduced, and the amount of the discount will not be clear.
- The second option is for a new line to be added to the order/invoice. The benefit is two-fold: your registrants will be able to see easily the value of the discount(s) they received, and you will now be able to track discounts given out in your accounting system once the orders are exported.
- Open the discount you want to edit.
- Scroll to the 'Accounting' section.
- Check Apply discount by 'a
- Choose the appropriate account code for discounts for your organisation.
- Press Save.
The name of the discount will display on the registrant's invoice and in any order export.