Arlo notifies you when a messages is "bounced" or "blocked" (e.g. where a contact enters an incorrect address) by forwarding the original message that was not delivered to your support email address. The email will be sent from Arlo's email provider "Sendgrid" and will be labelled as being from "MAILER-DAEMON".
Note: Read about possible issues with not receiving bounced or blocked email notifications.
- Set up a special email address (e.g. bounce@<yourdomain>) that forwards emails sent to the address to one or more people in your team.
- Contact Arlo Support and request that all bounced emails are sent to this new address.
- Create an internal process to follow up all "bounced" emails. Where an email address is incorrect, contact the person by phone and ask them for their correct address. Update their email address in Arlo and resend the original email. Hint: Enter the incorrect email address in the Quick Search tool in Arlo to find the contact.
Examples of bounced email notifications are attached to this article (see below).
How to Resend Communication
When you receive notification of a bounced email, you will want to ensure the person gets the communication. In this case you will need to forward the communication item to the correct address and then correct the email address in Arlo.
Then, correct the email address in the contact's record:
- Open the contact you would like to edit.
- Press Edit.
- Delete the content from the Email field and enter in the correct email address.
- Press Save.
Other articles that may be useful: