The following article describes how to set up a survey for registrants to complete prior to or after an event if you are not using our SurveyMonkey integration.
If you are using SurveyMonkey, read about SurveyMonkey integration instead.
Step 1. Set up the Survey in an Online Survey Program
- Set up a survey with your questions in an online survey programme such as Survey Gizmo, FluidSurveys, Microsoft Excel Online, or Google Forms (Free option).
- When you have set up the survey, copy the URL provided where registrants will be able to access the survey.
Step 2. Send the Survey Link to Registrants to Complete
Option 1- Registrants Complete the Survey before the Event
- Open the event you would like to add the survey link to.
- Press Edit from the toolbar.
- Select the Communication tab from the vertical menu.
- From the Special Instructions section, paste the survey URL with a message asking the registrants to complete the survey.
- Press Save.
Note: The special instructions will also be included in any reminder emails that you schedule.
Option 2 - Registrants Complete the Survey after the Event
- Open the event.
- Use follow-up emails to have the email sent automatically after the event.
- OR, use the Email function.
- From the toolbar, press Email.
- Select Email registrants (Approved only). A pre-populated email with the email addresses will appear ready for you to send.
- Include a message asking the registrants to complete the survey.
- Send the email.