Arlo allows you to add fields to a contact, or an organization's record where needed. Yes/No fields added can be used as criteria for discounts.
- A Graduate discount if a contacts Graduate Yes/No field equals Yes.
- A Membership discount if an organisations Member Yes/No field equals Yes.
*Member, and Graduate fields are not default fields - these are examples that you can add to your own platform.
Once a field has been added, you can place it on your website registration forms, so if the field is checked during registration the relevant discount is applied, or you can mark the contact/organisation fields internally as yes, in which case Arlo will pick up the field value is true against the and apply the discount where needed.
Example of Discount Criteria for Contact/Organisation Field:
In the example below, if a registrant (contact) is picked up as having the member field as Yes, or they say they are a member on the registration form (if available on the form), the discount will be applied.
The following instructions describe how to set up a discount which can be used if a contact/organisation has a specific field marked as true on their record.
Step 1. Add the Custom field to your Registration Forms
- Add a Yes/No field to your Arlo Platform. Learn how to add fields to your Arlo platform.
- Once this has been added to your platform, add the field to your registration forms.
Step 2. Set up the Membership Discount
- From the Orders menu, select Discounts.
- Press New Discount.
- Enter the details and criteria of the new discount.
- Enter a Name and Description for the discount.
- In the Type section, select Individual registrations.
- In the Calculation section, enter the amount of the discount.
- In the Criteria section:
- Select Apply the discount automatically when specific criteria are met.
- Complete the Website, Availability, Accounting, and Events sections of the new discount wizard.
- Press Save.
Reconcile/Report on who Received this Discount
Run the Registration Discount report on a regular basis to report on who received this discount and follow up with people (if necessary) if they received a discount in error (i.e. they are not a member).
Other articles that may be helpful: